• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

flat-file forums.

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
i need a list of flat-file forums, that either have the scripting:

cgi, php

thanks in advanced.

note: NO EDGEBOARD OR myUPB.

Last edited:
a script not using MySql or any other type of database like that, instead storing the info in files....

ie. ubb or ikonboard 3 that isn't using mysql [ htere's an option to make it use flat file ]

Someone in here said just the opposite...That flat-file boards were much quicker and much less of a resouce hog. :classic2:

Originally posted by zoobie
Someone in here said just the opposite...That flat-file boards were much quicker and much less of a resouce hog. :classic2:
Hmm...I think they CAN be, but most aren't. It seems that most programmers go for database systems, they must have their reasons...

serach flat file forum/board at hotscripts gives a few good ones. if you want simplicity try easy board (search it at hotscripts) little features tho. still nice

Flat-file forums are good if you don't have lots of visters. If you have less than 100 or so unquie visters per day a flat-file forum will work just as good as a Mysql one.

iKonBoard is a resource hog, but it is the best "flat-file" forum I know of. I used it for quite some time ago. That was back in the day of the iKonBoard 2 series with no password encryption. :D

Back