• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Faq?

ashish

most web hosts have got their own faq's but still a lot of people still ask you the same questions either through email or phone....

like a lot of people specifically ask us the version of .Net that we support... and the versions of MS SQL and MySQL DB's and PHP....

i am beginning to wonder whether there is a pattern to this thing...

what are the most repeated set of questions that people ask you before joining?

ashish said:
most web hosts have got their own faq's but still a lot of people still ask you the same questions either through email or phone....

like a lot of people specifically ask us the version of .Net that we support... and the versions of MS SQL and MySQL DB's and PHP....

i am beginning to wonder whether there is a pattern to this thing...

what are the most repeated set of questions that people ask you before joining?

I think that the major issue here is, and it was proven to me yesterday, is that people just couldn't be bothered reading TOS, FAQ etc. I had a guy yesterday who tried to persuade me black and blue that nowhere on the forums did it mention that free hosting users must display the ads themselves. It's in the Ads Board right at the top in a little section called Rules :D

Anyways, yeah. The most annoying question I am always asked for paid or free hosting is "Do I have to place ads?" Hello Like! :wave:

Well it is always the same, something like this: where are server based, what are specs of servers, what kind of payment do you accept, how long you are in business, and once I had I can't never forget, the question was something like this:
do you offer a shell account?
- Not by default, only if you realy need it, and can you tell me for what will you use shell
So what is that shell, and what I can do with it?
- It is a linux console, something simillar like dos, but sorry you don't need it, cause you don't know what it is, and you want to have it.

That was one of the question, that I will always remmember :D

Back