• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

eregi nor preg_match work

Dan

Bullah
NLC
I am running into issues.
I have a blog on WAMP and when I go to index.php I get the following error:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\vicblog\includes\classes\class.template_engine.php on line 56

Here is line 56 of that file:

PHP:
		if(eregi("\{LOOP: " . $name . "\}(.*)\{/LOOP: " . $name . "\}", $this->html,$parts))

Now, I did search Google and read on about a dozen sites to change the eregi instance to preg_match but neither of them work.

Here is what I get when I change to preg_match

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash in C:\wamp\www\vicblog\includes\classes\class.template_engine.php on line 56

Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry about all the no0b questions lately guys, but your help is really appreciated. I have been working on this since before Christmas and aint gonna stop now.

edit: I am running PHP 5.3.1

Googling "Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash" brings quite a lot of stuff up about, worth a snoop.

Dan, what blog script are you using? does it work on a real host, just not local? chances are that your php.ini need to be configured if this is something like wordpress. if this is something you wrote, then yeah, it could be your code, but, otherwise it is the localhost.

I will try it on a webserver mate and see how it swings.
It is something I wrote through tutorials etc. Just piecing different tutorials together.
Will post with a result.

How bloody weird is that? Thanks Justin. Worked perfect on a live host. Good on ya. :)

i would make sure you php.ini file has all the needed things enabled then on your localhost. also, check your httpd.conf file. once you enable all the things you think you will need, restart apache and you should be up and running. in the httpd.conf file there are a ton of LoadModule things that will be commented out by default, enable them by uncommenting them.

Back