• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DV2 is down, affecting several hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Techxon

I can not believe you even say that. That really proves something isn't it ? A host that wont take the blame and pass it on the noc when something went wrong. I suppose you also tell your client " oh dv2 didnt take care of my hardware, it is not my fault" or maybe " dv2 did not fix the apache, it is not my fault"

<<removed>

At least I didnt blame the noc for being down, I didnt go "the noc went down, it is not my fault that the noc went down"

I gave them full refund unlike some host that can only pass the blame on the noc. :rolleyes:

Buddy, I don't know what your on, or even on about, but its obvious you are out to defame myacen with slander. Grow up!

The problem was not caused by myacen, nor was it preventable by them. The perpetrators of the DoS attack ARE to blame for this one and I personally feel the network engeneers could have done a better job in handling the issue. This is one reason why we have made a big decision recently to purchase our own equipment ( rather than rent ) and colocate them in a datacenter where we can have more control over many of the aspects that currently we don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Daniel
I was just stating the point that the pysical servers are up. And Techxon, what happens if whatever ISP your datacentre uses, suddenly goes out and you have no control over the situation? Robert was in that same position...

daniels paste of traceroutes wasn't much help, as it seems he pasted all of the same traces. [/quotes]

Whooops, looks like I didn't clear the clipboard before copy and pasting. :eek:

It happens, I gave them full refunds, It is my responsibility that I choose the noc, and it become my responsibility to my client if noc went down, certainly not passing the blame on the noc. I would never say "the data center went down but we are not down". that is a total joke. Server up + network down = you are down. What is the point of having server up when no one can access you, to others you just went down, period.

Originally posted by Haze

Buddy, I don't know what your on, or even on about, but its obvious you are out to defame myacen with slander. Grow up!

The problem was not caused by myacen, nor was it preventable by them. The perpetrators of the DoS attack ARE to blame for this one and I personally feel the network engeneers could have done a better job in handling the issue. This is one reason why we have made a big decision recently to purchase our own equipment ( rather than rent ) and colocate them in a datacenter where we can have more control over many of the aspects that currently we don't.

I am not out to defame anyone, i am just making my comments through my observations in this forum.

Last edited:
Snip 100% Dribble

We take responsibility when it's our fault sure, you have a lot to learn buddy. If it's beyond our control sure we cannot fixit. We are covered by a SLA, if they don't keep to the SLA our customers are entitled to a refund. No, we don't need a managed solution. We know how to handle servers, and we pay good money for them, which is why I pose this question why are you using unitedcolo can't afford anything better for your clients. :confused:

Sure Beau might not display it publicly that he lays the blame on Dv2, but if you head over to webhostingtalk you will see alot of people blaming the Dv2.

You my friend are out to vent some anger. Trying to damage our reputation. Creating false accusations. I have been in this business a lot longer then you, I know the ropes. Considering your on unitedcolo, you are new and don't seem to be very educated in this field.

We are not hear to make enemies but you provided the hostile playing field. Your comments are unjust and misinformed. Good luck with your business, it's just a pity you have the attitude of a minor and you don't know how to express yourself in an adult like fashion.

Have a nice day

Okay you guys, it has obviously been a stressful day, take a chill pill or open a beer and relax.

very funny myacen, dv2 is semi managed, and unitedcolo is totally unmanaged. in other words, you probably know less in this field than I do which is why you need that 'managed' to back you up. you said you have been longer around yet you still do not get the simple concept right. "Noc down + server up = oh it's the noc that went down, we're still up" that is TOTALLY LAUGHABLE.

I see, you get the mod to modify the topic too. How pathetic. I suppose this is the way you keep your hand clean eh?

Don't worry mate, won't be too long before your shipping out, personal attacks are against the rules :)

I see, you get the mod to modify the topic too. How pathetic. I suppose this is the way you keep your hand clean eh?
Techxon, if you wish to have any credibility here as a host I suggest you keep your insults and insinuations to yourself.

Myacen was NOT the only host affected by this outage today. Changing the title prevented a dozen threads being opened about different host's outages. It was an inavoidable situation.

Before anyone panics about their host being down, DV2 is down again :cry2:

<edit> all working again now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back