• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DOS prompt

Sorry, what do you mean? Some kind of repair utility? I don't think there has been any updates for Windows95 for many years.:confused:

What I have put there. :p

I don't have such a shortcut. Anyway, what does it lead to?

Its your problem if alt+enter does not work :p because it does for me...

maybe you have selected the wrong language set under Control panels>KeyBoard?

Bah 95 is old...

Of course it's my problem. I'm asking for help. :rolleyes:
It has nothing to do with the OS. Something is screwed up but I don't know what.

:rolleyes:
But what IS Windows update? What does it do? Since you suggested it could help...

Let me rephrase.

1. I CAN MINIMIZE THE WINDOW.

2. I DON'T WANT TO MINIMIZE THE WINDOW.

3. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TOGGLE BETWEEN FULL SCREEN MODE AND A NORMAL WINDOW.

4. I SUSPECT THE REASON I CAN'T DO SO IS THAT MY ALT KEY DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK IN DOS BUT DOES IN WINDOWS.

5. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT COULD CAUSE THAT BEHAVIOR AND/OR HOW TO FIX IT I WOULD BE EVER SO GRATEFUL.

Thank you. :p

i dont know if there is sucha combination to toggle between full/window mode. but when you have your full screen window minimized, you can right click on it then go into its properites and set window mode. than you can left click on it. try it

Originally posted by meow
Let me rephrase.

1. I CAN MINIMIZE THE WINDOW.

2. I DON'T WANT TO MINIMIZE THE WINDOW.

3. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TOGGLE BETWEEN FULL SCREEN MODE AND A NORMAL WINDOW.

4. I SUSPECT THE REASON I CAN'T DO SO IS THAT MY ALT KEY DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK IN DOS BUT DOES IN WINDOWS.

5. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT COULD CAUSE THAT BEHAVIOR AND/OR HOW TO FIX IT I WOULD BE EVER SO GRATEFUL.

Thank you. :p
Is it your keyboard layout problem? Try your other Alt key if there is two? Get a new keyboard?

Originally posted by trenzterra
Is it your keyboard layout problem? Try your other Alt key if there is two? Get a new keyboard?
No. Then it wouldn't
A) have worked earlier
B) work in Windows environment but not in DOS
:)

Originally posted by meow

No. Then it wouldn't
A) have worked earlier
B) work in Windows environment but not in DOS
:)
you'll never know... maybe your keyboard only works on Windows?

Originally posted by Pedroz
i dont know if there is sucha combination to toggle between full/window mode. but when you have your full screen window minimized, you can right click on it then go into its properites and set window mode. than you can left click on it. try it

Yes, as mentioned earlier in this thread that combination is ALT + ENTER but for some reason ALT doesn't work in DOS anymore.

Thanks for your suggestion, but window mode shows normal window all the time. The other options when I right click are maximize and restore. Both take me right back to full screen.

Back