• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

doomachine2000 / wirehost.ws

Status
Not open for further replies.
gavin_2oo5 said:
i found out i could get in by a complete mistake

That's not the point! The point is that you didn't report it and you told someone else who had no reason to be notified. While reporting it to the people responsible is not required by law, it is the right thing to do.

Regardless of your intentions, by informing a third party, you facilitated a crime. Also, regardless of where you or the actual perpetrator are located, the server is in the United States. That involves the law enforcement authorities here. Due to the nature of the internet, unless it can be proven that the server and perpetrator are located in the same state, it is an interstate crime and thus involves the FBI.

Get a lawyer dude. A good one.

exactly i logged in and thought woah this is bad and i would have reported it but webhostplus is so dodgily seup i try to do something good oh email billing send them this this n ---- and then u gotta email support oppen a ticket and email here then verify it by emailing it here

What else oo it has to be a full moon after 1am it has to be when we want it not u

ETC.

I know how you feel webhostplus ----ing indian tech's have completely wiped my users data cos of there upgraded more than 5 times

Oh and there supposed to be the big bad professionalls who know what there doing

They are replacing my motherboard now because one of the tech's jammed a mem stick in and damaged all the ram slots

What kind of business are they Running

Admin / Mods dont ban me this is freedom of speech

Please tell me if i can help in any way! I hate these kinds of "people".
*edit* And please tell me if i can help rebuild your "empire".

Last edited:
Ako said:
Well, in my opinion this guy didnt do anything illegal. He didn't make any damage to HW's server, he just found some bug, but didnt use it. And as far as i know (at least in europe), if no information is stolen from the server (database, cc info, passwords) or any damage made to the business, its not considered illegal even if he bypassed the security.

While what you have done, gavin_2oo5, is very bad. You should have reported to the owner of webhostplus about the bug at that time, but you did the opposite and even more, told it to your 'friend'. So I think you are 30% responsible for all this, even if the law cannot do anything against you.

Sorry for typing so much, but I really hope that this problem will not bring big problems to you. Good luck.

He was NOT unauthorized to login, nor should he tell anybody els but the admin of the site.

I'm awestruck right now.

YOU, DOOMACHINE2000, and god knows who else, ADMIT, for whatever reason, that you were in my server.

DOOMACHINE2000 admits to deleting the sites because YOU SOLD IT TO HIM.

Explain this to my 700 customers that are GONE.

Explain how after destroying this server, you went and found my BACKUP server and destroyed the customers BACKUP sites.

700 People have NOTHING.

All because you perused a Trouble Ticket that was requesting a Fantastico License? Or something else.

Gavin, I will NOT call the FBI, if you release the phone number to a parent or guardian. Give them our hotline 1-888-829-2047

We all know about Web Host Plus history but gavin and doom this is not a reasonable answer under no circumstances for your actions

Ako said:
Well, in my opinion this guy didnt do anything illegal. He didn't make any damage to HW's server, he just found some bug, but didnt use it. And as far as i know (at least in europe), if no information is stolen from the server (database, cc info, passwords) or any damage made to the business, its not considered illegal even if he bypassed the security.

While what you have done, gavin_2oo5, is very bad. You should have reported to the owner of webhostplus about the bug at that time, but you did the opposite and even more, told it to your 'friend'. So I think you are 30% responsible for all this, even if the law cannot do anything against you.

Sorry for typing so much, but I really hope that this problem will not bring big problems to you. Good luck.

You are completely wrong anything which can be taken as damaging to a business can be dealt with under law.

hottweelz said:
Gavin, I will NOT call the FBI, if you release the phone number to a parent or guardian. Give them our hotline 1-888-829-2047

Just call the FBI HW (IMO), then they will find where he lives, contact info etc.

Well, i might be wrong, as that was my opinion only, and i am not a lawyer myself nor I know the US laws.

Anyway, if there is anyway to help you, please tell me.

Honestly, webhostplus has never been an issue for me. They are 10 minutes away, I have the ability to walk in and personally work on my own server.

My other serves in Iowa, Washington DC, Georgia, dont give me that ability. Hence I was enjoying WebHostpLus

You are completely wrong anything which can be taken as damaging to a business can be dealt with under law.

If there may be any doubt, just ask Microsoft. They know all too well that even some seemingly innoculous information can cost a boat load of money due to lost man-hours and bad PR.

People make mistakes, but this is a little too blatant to be called that.:shame:

Honestly, webhostplus has never been an issue for me. They are 10 minutes away, I have the ability to walk in and personally work on my own server.

That would make them a very lucrative option for anybody.

James...

Friend, pal, buddy.... Get a lawyer and SUE!!!!!!! Of course call the FBI first :)

Good luck and of course if you need my help, let me know!

Thanks,
Adam

Well I say give him a chance to do something before getting a hold on the police.

oh.. damn this is exciting.. I hope it turns out well.(for hottweelz that is)

I can see a possible dilema that is facing HottWeelz (aka James) right now.

If they are only teenagers, then a criminal record would seriously screw with their lives in the future. However, the point of the severity of the issue *must* be made known to them and to their parents (if they are under 18). What would you do?

A hack job I believe is a felony. It makes jobs somewhat harder to get especially when the crime deals with what you may be doing in a particular job.

I wouldn't want to be the one to have to make the decision.

Yea.. I'm 13 and I'd hate to **** up my life because I did something stupid now.
They also had a talk at school saying we could get into serious trouble if we hacked anyone

Offences committed as minors can be wiped from your record if you undergo counseling or something similar.

I wouldn't want a person like him/them working for me, or being a coworker of mine. James has contacted parents before, and contacted the FBI before. I say go for it.

If it screws their lives, tough. It screwed a man's business. Do you know how hard someone has to work to build up 700 clients? If you combine all the hours of configuring, marketing, working with clients, etc, it can takes months of your life to do. However, because of one 14 year old who wanted to act "tough", all this man's and 700 other people's hard work has been erased. Backups have been erased. With no compensation available except for money.

It's things like this that I feel money is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back