• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain Whois Privacy

Secret

I already have a domain name and i want to protect the whois contact information. Is there any free service that enable me to do that for free?

Thanks

I already have a domain name and i want to protect the whois contact information. Is there any free service that enable me to do that for free?

Thanks

Any of the Directi Resellers will have WHOIS Privacy available free.
However, I am unaware of any outsourced resources available for this.

i saw a lot of people using privacyprotect.org, in their site, it's written that it's a free service but i don't know how to signup. Is this depending on the registrar?

That is the sole reason I register my domains with registerfly.com - each domain registration comes with free protectFLY!

I haven't heard of any free service offering this. However if you already have a domain then you should get privacy from your current registrar.

My registrar has free whois privacy with every domain registered!

Last edited:
Edit your contact info and just type something like 'Private' for address, name etc - thats the free way of doing it.

Edit your contact info and just type something like 'Private' for address, name etc - thats the free way of doing it.
Yeah I suppose you could do that. Only problem being is that ICANN demands that you show your real information in the whois, otherwise they have the right to take your domain.

I haven't heard of any free service offering this. However if you already have a domain then you should get privacy from your current registrar.

My registrar has free whois privacy with every domain registered!

yes, you're right. i send them a support ticket and within an hour they changed all my whois contact informations into privacyprotect.org FREE of charge!

Last edited:
Back