• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain Name Appraisal: Two Character Country Code

Neg x3, people wont sign up if there are ads on their page(s). Thats why these things, such as co.nr are popular, cause its sounds like a domain, and there are no ads or what-not.

Static. Can't wait for the release. Will tell all my friends if I like it =p

You could also have a donations button etc. And if I were a free user with paypal. I know I would donate. Which in the eventual case I might choose to use one of your domains. Or refer them to your site. And to help keep your site alive Id give donations etc. ^_^. I wanted to eventually start a service like this but I got too many other things going lol. Good luck.

I say go for it but becareful cause I haven't seen to many people with those domain names. I have seem more tld's than anything else but like mentioned before. If you have the financials to then go ahead.

canardpress said:
Static, I would be willing to offer a free dedicated windows server for this service. Tell me if you're interested.
Interesting... thanks for the offer, but it will need to run on a linux server because it will use BIND.

I will probably run it on a VPS to start with and then move it to a dedicated server when it gets popular. :)

StaticHost said:
Interesting... thanks for the offer, but it will need to run on a linux server because it will use BIND.

I will probably run it on a VPS to start with and then move it to a dedicated server when it gets popular. :)

Ok. Well-the offer is still open fort ya... I can always reformat and install linux. I also own a couple servers myself, so I know alot about operating them-aswell as php and mysql. I would still LOVE to help out with this project in some way...lol. If I can't I'll probably have to make my own to tide myself over.

Good luck, and be sure to pm me if you neeed any assistance.

would we get google.co... , yahoo.co... and other big domains?? may be you could generate money by registering those urself sell them to the respective companies at high prices and recover your costs! , :wink2: and also stop some spams like ebay.co... and paypal.co...

counsellor said:
would we get google.co... , yahoo.co... and other big domains?? may be you could generate money by registering those urself sell them to the respective companies at high prices and recover your costs! , :wink2: and also stop some spams like ebay.co... and paypal.co...
Nice idea... I am not sure if those companies would be interested though. :biggrin2:

You have to be careful with that though. Some companies will instead try to sue you claiming extortion, etc. Too many people have tried to profit that way.

Sounds like a great idea, I would love to help as well, but have no idea how I could :p .
Just out of curiosity, how do you register your own .co.whatever domain extention? I've been wanting to do it for ages ;) .

punkfan91 said:
Just out of curiosity, how do you register your own .co.whatever domain extention?
You just need to go to a domain registrar that registers country code domains and run a search for "co" and register it like a normal domain. :biggrin2:

Hey , i too got a .co. domain , i already registered it , its www.co.ph at present u will see a comming soon page , but the problem is i dont know how to offer the services you are talking about , if anyone is interested pls PM me , lets talk or if static host wants to provide his users a choice of 2 types of subdomains then we can work together!

Back