• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does anyone have vista??

I've ordered a nice computer with Vista on it. Currently I have XP Pro running on my Laptop.

I don't have it, and as I've said many times... I'm either going to MACOSX or Linux before I ever get that thing. I'm trying to get WinXP back on my laptop because FC6 messed it up.

Hell no! And I never will! I've used Vista, and it's total junk. My next computer is definitely a MacBook.

Colin what sound card do you have?

The Stealthy One, might as well get a laptop with Linux on it. That's all mac is. A prettied up version of Linux. It's based on Debian, get Ubuntu on your laptop and you're all set! :)

I use Vista and I'd say it's a lot more stable then XP

Talk about never be able to read any usb mass storage devices.... And when USB falsh comes in it asks the same second for using it as addition to ram. Man i want my Xp back

Man, I haven't had any of the problems that you guys have been experiencing with Vista. In fact, I haven't had any problems.

Chris

I love my Vista, I think it's 10x better than XP. But as said, i'm having problems getting some capture card drivers.

It's too slow to use all the time, you need at least 1gig of ram, and my laptop only came with 512, 128 of which it uses for gfx, and so I am still using XP to do anything good, i have to admit that it's way nicer to look at, which is great for the misses, but I think XP will still be my working OS for quite some time, even when the machine has more memory in it, it doens't respond as fast as xp does, I imagine it'll take the same amount of time to get Vista to work as well as XP as it did to get XP to SP2 standards in the first place.

I have 1 gb of ram, and I'm pretty concerned about the ram usage. Its at 71% right now, and I dont even have anything strenuous open. Firefox is using 71mb of ram though... thats a little much I think. o_O

XP Pro here. Will keep XP Pro until MS stops supporting it.

How times have changed. If this was 3-4 years ago, I would have jumped on the vista bandwagon right away, now, i'm more about functionality than anything. And XP is very functional for my day-to-day operations.

Colin what sound card do you have?

The Stealthy One, might as well get a laptop with Linux on it. That's all mac is. A prettied up version of Linux. It's based on Debian, get Ubuntu on your laptop and you're all set! :)

I use Vista and I'd say it's a lot more stable then XP

Mac OS X is not based on Debian. It's based on Mach/BSD.

I am using windows vista and its excellant! i have 1gb ram and a 120gb hd so it runs fast to! I think for features on it are much better than XPs and the design is nice as well.

Back