• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you have a gun in your house

Do you have a gun in your house?

• Total voters
Are you telling me you could say no to this? -

060705pet_lg.jpg

I own a couple of guns, but what is the point of this thread?
Owning a gun doesn't make you dangerous. Having no respect for human life makes you dangerous.

No, live in the US. I probably will soon though. The neighbors dogs keep getting in the trash and their cats are always on my car. I guess they need my 5 acres in addition to their 5. And I need them gone.

There was an incident once here involving a dog and a gun.
If I remember correctly something like this happened:

Family A (who owns a dog) goes to visit Family B.
After a while, the dog jumps on the little kid of Family B ripping off part of her face permanently.
Family B's father, who had a gun, pulled the trigger and killed the dog.
Family A pressed charges against Family B, and Mr. B went to jail for killing the dog who would of killed his kid if he wouldn't have killed it.

Nope, am talking about guard dogs, not all dogs are like that, in fact a robber would be more scared of a dog than a gun, I bet you any money on that. If you have a gun could you pull the trigger?, a dog wouldn't care less, it would go for them, take them down & you sort the rest.

You don't need a gun to protect your family, that's just a load of dog.

Another thing, if you have a gun, one of the kids found it........ yea, they are very safe ain't they ;).

UK - Yes

For sporting, and it's locked away, I would never use it to protect my family, that’s what knifes are for, right? (Joking ;))

I've never needed to protect anyone close to me in my own house, but one look at me, and the attacker/robber would be running faster than you could say "Get down on the ground!!" I seem to have got that trait from my father ;)

Nope, am talking about guard dogs, not all dogs are like that, in fact a robber would be more scared of a dog than a gun, I bet you any money on that. If you have a gun could you pull the trigger?, a dog wouldn't care less, it would go for them, take them down & you sort the rest.

You don't need a gun to protect your family, that's just a load of dog.

Another thing, if you have a gun, one of the kids found it........ yea, they are very safe ain't they ;).

Actually I have very little fear of dogs, even big ones. I've broken a bat over the head of many guard dogs in my neighborhood cause the neighbors are too stupid to tie them up. Only managed to kill 2 of the blowhards though. The other 5 got away with going to the vet to have their heads stitched up. The one was a troublesome mess though, cause he was a german shepherd rotweiler (spelling?) mix that the owner had breeded himself, and its illegal to own rotweilers ect ect.

With a gun its even easier to kill them. Shot to the head with a .22 or a shot in the rub cage with a 30x6 is pretty quick work to the stray that bit your ankle.

I always carry a knife on me, so if someone threatens me with a dog, I'm not exactly afraid. Another knife or a gun would be a different story.

EDIT: also all my guns are safe cause I keep the guns in a separate place from the ammo. And the ammo is locked by a key in a secret place in my room. None of my little cousins that come over are tall enough to reach the area, let alone find it.

However if a dog wants to kill ur kid, what are you going to do about it? Kick the dog? Good luck on that.

A dog is an animal, an instinct driven unintelligent beast who holds no allegience to anyone. You can rub noses with him all you want, but some day he may be retrained to kill you instead.

Last edited:
You are joking right?

No I am not. In the last two years, some bad redneck blood has moved into our neighborhood about a mile down the road and they have a bad habit of intimidation. One is serving jail time right now for assaulting a person who was walking, and for flashing his hunting knife at my little cousin because my cousin teed him off on the school bus about his girlfriend. So I carry a fold out knife when I walk my neighborhood. Nothin much, 4" blade, can't do alot of damage, but it can make a guy think twice before taking a swing at me Just in case the guys brother is out and about. Although there is a rumor that he will be getting shipped off to Iraq next month. Go figure :).

He was getting so bad there for a bit my Uncle was leaving his house unlocked for me to have a place if I needed to get in (its .05 mi to my Uncle's house, and its just over a mile back to mine). He showed me where the phone and the shotgun is, just in case he ever came after me or my cousin again.

Who new living in a small neighborhood 3x5mi. large with only 150 people could have such a danger. I mean we are 25mi. from the main town for heaven's sake.

Back