• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you ever get people wanting to buy your site!

john874

Hi,

I have received two emails now in about a 1 year period from two different poeple asking telling me that they want to buy my site of me if I am interested in selling it.

They ask for the stats and things aswell.

Do you ever get emails like this where people want to buy your site.

I have had two people wanting to buy my affiliate programs directory now. I am not selling it and most probably will never sell it, but it is nice to know that people see my site and want to actually email me asking if I will sell it.

It's your competition trying to see what your stats are...

psyche! Yeah I had a couple of offers, but it's not worth it to me to sell :)

All the time :p - all my sites are awesome. I AM NOT ARROGANT! SHUTUP!

If its an email be careful though - it could be a ploy to get your paypal address or some other things, especially if they are offering excessive amounts (ie $30,000 for a site that barley gets 1000 visits a month might be a bit fishy).

Send phishing emails, try to hack it (specially if they ask you a password for some thing)

I have several times, to myself and one other person(s) before... but only to resolve issues or for reference.

Fortunately, I knew who the people were, so I never had any problems. But then again, it was not for FTP.

Back