• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

do u want a c00l forum?

Originally posted by murat
you mean the the pearl version sucks but the cgi version is good ?
no no.... I mean that that YaBB Se is full of bugs and the CGI (perl, and cgi ) version is great

YaBB Se = php+mySQL !

Originally posted by GrassHopper
yep

Cool, my partner is the one who created, owns, and manages it. I am the tech :) If you want a message board like the one used there, use mycool.com

Its YaBB and YaBB sucks. The coding is very bad. The install script didn't even work! Looks just like ugly YaBB

I hate both of them(yabb + ikonbitch) . every time I tried to use them, the only thing I got is lost hours and headache.

This thread is a bit old.. How about we let it rest in peace. :)

Start a new thread if you wish to discuss the message board choices.

...or join one of the multitude of those already in progress, or wait for another to spring up in the free services forum. I say in five-six minutes at least twenty more will start. :D

I´d choose yabb over ikonboard any day, but i think the php version needs time... from the looks of it, a lot of time...

phpBB2 beats them both though...

Originally posted by Todd
This thread is a bit old.. How about we let it rest in peace. :)

May I point out something: When someone starts a new thread about BB (most cases), they get shouted and asked to go to the existing threads. Yet when ppl go to existing threads (sometimes old...), they're asked to start new ones. Aren't the two options against one another?

When they're told to go to an existing thread a) they're told to look at it for reference, i.e. their question has already been answered and all they have to do is read it, no need to post, and b) it's just a given that when one says "existing thread" what they mean is a recent existing thread.

Originally posted by Dusty
b) it's just a given that when one says "existing thread" what they mean is a recent existing thread.
Majority of them, yes. But some people...you'll get what I mean.

Back