• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dictionary.hm - Review please!

I like it in terms of the auto-load on type program. The design is a bit plain though (The logo is good because it represents the site itself)

.hm? Never heard of it. Either way, very well done.

BOOKMARKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your positive comments guys :)

DarkBlood: I understand the design is plain but I'm not sure what to do to it without making it too overneeded (if you understand what i mean)

Goat said:
.hm? Never heard of it.

It's for the Heard and McDonald Islands. It was the cheapest available extention. Took ages to sort out though, had to scan in my passport etc to change details such as nameservers grr :mad: Anyway i would have had .am but STUPID ----ING IDOTZ STOLE IT!! Not technically stole (not according to my dictionary lol) but it wasnt very honest.

Great site, love how the definitions instantly popup. Also, the design is very fitting, you don't need anything else :) Good luck with the site.

haha, finally posted it. looks GREAT bro. a little empty still, but I like it bacuse all I want is a defenition, not ads and stuff. IT IS GREAT> already used today when looking up algorithm since I couldnt remember what the heck it meant. AWSOME SITE. My highest ranking ever bro. 11/10!!!!!! BEYOND PERFECT. another quality Moose site. :D

P.S. to all the people that think I am always negative. see, not always. make a quality site like this, you get quality reviews. Once again, I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!! BOOKMARKED AT HOME AND WORK!!!!!! :D :D :D

*****edit: i also noticed the AJAX is working now too. AWSOME!!!!

I like it.. But, it will be better if you can add some examples of sentences. I mean, when you have a sentence, people will understand easily. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks everybody, glad my hard work paid off :)

starsearcher: Although this is a good idea, I really dont have time to edit 175,000 definitions :p

another idea to possible incorporate is partial matches, or plural uses.

like if i typed in 'racers' have it display 'racer'.

or if i typed in 'chin' have it give like a list of partial matches after the actual definitions, like 'china' ect.

these would more be programming orientend and wouldn't require much work if any changes on te database.

I tried that, but it slowed down the results way too much. I could have a go i guess if i knew how to do delay, but i dont.

Sorry TM :p

Highlight to see what I put

Sorry but I cant see whats so good?, its just a logo, its the most boring website I have ever been on. Its that bad I cant even rate it, sorry TM, I think your cool but your site sucks.

Last edited:
Back