• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Develop an Instant Messenger

roblev

Alrighty then, from the FreeWebSpace.Net IP Address Thread, I am developing an instant messenger.

Yes, I did have this idea about 5 months ago, but it failed miserably because I had too much code and it turned to be a nightmare. Maybe because it was only me who was programming it. But this is what I am thinking about. Ok, I am a VB programmer, and I want to make an instant messaging server and client. I want to make the server which will look at a MySQL Db for usernames, passwords, and sessions. I need some programming suggestions and a group of people who want to program the client, while i program the server for us.

Post please. No Bs.

where is the server prog going to run? a seperate computer? I am also a VB programmer, so maybe I could help a bit with the client.

also, what r ya going to call it?

Possible Names:

FWIM = FreeWeb Instant Messenger
SWIM = Sly Web Instand Messenger
COL = Chat OnLine

:)

Ok then. Anyone wanting to help with the project, email me at g0t_r00t@hotmail.com and i will get back to you and we can talk on MSN instant messenger about the program and your expertise.

I am not sure about the name I was thinking:

MyIM
MessageIM
TheIM

somthing along those lines...

Originally posted by roblev
Ok then. Anyone wanting to help with the project, email me at g0t_r00t@hotmail.com and i will get back to you and we can talk on MSN instant messenger about the program and your expertise.

I am not sure about the name I was thinking:

MyIM
MessageIM
TheIM

somthing along those lines...

I could try to help. I am happy to do a link exchange. I will put your banner on my site if you put mine in the instant messanging program.

I actually want to make an instant messenger and roll it out on to the public. I have never been able to go that far with a project.

I am launching an advertising section on my site soon. Its all to do with ranking sites and stuff. If your site gives my site the most visits then I display your banner for one week. Its complicated but can be rewarding. Those who don't win will be displayed on my links page.

Back