• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DeiseHost.Com

Dan

Bullah
NLC
I have decided, since I have gotten into Joomla! Template Design, I would change DeiseHost to use the popular CMS and create a design for it.

http://www.deisehost.com

Suggestions, Feedback, Comments in general? Ratings?

Thanks,
Dan

Hmmm add a background, put maybe a 5px padding around the text area...

A tad to much white for my liking... The nav bar could use a bit of tweaking...

Other than that you are on the right track I would say ;)

Yes, definitely agree with the new background.
I personally hate Joomla for hosting sites, but that's just my opinion.

With all due respect Stan, I am asking for reviews on the design. Not on Joomla! ;)

But thanks for the feedback guys.

Any more?

Update:

Have added a 5px Padding to the body text and the two sides.
Not sure what you suggest as a Background? It has one.

Last edited:
I like it, very practical. Not too flashy. A breeze to edit to with CMS, makes me consider it for the next redesign. Maybe get a bit more creative with the design, but otherwise a fine site.

8 out of 10

I was thinking originally of using a gradient but I didn't want to use too much Gradient on there so just chose a Pattern of 1px squares.

Nice idea alright. Might try one.
Been messing about with different patterns but not going my way so resorted back to the original one.

You have certainly improved from your previous designs! Good job!

I don't really like the colors though, and overall, it doesn't look exciting. The dark red and dark orange do not seem to go with the desaturated blue too well.

In addition, maybe you could try to lower the opacity of the lines in the background, so they don't pop out and and distract from the main content as much. This would also reduce the jaggedness the pattern has.

I also do not like how the servers seems to blend into the background in the picture. If you could contrast them from the background a little more, it might look better.

Good job though, it looks much better than your previous sites!

By the way, are you ever gonna use that template I made for you? :p

Thanks Johnny.

As you know, I am still learning a lot about graphic design so just experimenting really with colors. I'm not really color coordinated as you can see.

As stated above, I am messing with the background at the moment so working on that.
As for the servers, don't know what you mean by blended into the background? I know what blended is, just what YOU mean. Like, I didn't blend them at all. I just added a drop shadow and a stroke.

I like it though I'm not much for the red. And you do know that you have to pay if you remove the joomla copyright, right? Otherwise that would be stealing.

Last edited:
Well, I meant that the servers and background are too similar of a color, and that you could make the servers pop-out and contrast more with different colors for them, and they would become more visible by doing so also.

Well, I meant that the servers and background are too similar of a color, and that you could make the servers pop-out and contrast more with different colors for them, and they would become more visible by doing so also.

Oh I see. Thanks bud, :)

Back