• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dear, Paid hosting companies - Fantastico

maus

Well, i am trying to build a webhosting company myself, wish you give me the best of luck.

I think Fantastico is outdated, dont you agree? I personally think Installatron is the best script installer than Fantastico, Installatron has all script's version updated, Fantastico doesn't.

Installatron for the win.

Installatron is good, but it seems to be a bit buggy, often failing to install the script.

Installatron doesn't work with Safari if I'm not mistaken. Nevertheless, Installatron is better than Fantastico in terms of their updates :)

Then they'll never know how to not install something without it - which kinda beats the purpose of ease of use over learning curve.

Well, most users (i think) that use them is because they don't have the time to install them manually, or they don't even want to mess with these kinds of stuffs: they just know how it works, and that's all.

Ftp rulezz IMO. Anyway any web application or control panelm should have something like "Howtodo" files to do installation in the different ways

Well, i am trying to build a webhosting company myself, wish you give me the best of luck.

I think Fantastico is outdated, dont you agree? I personally think Installatron is the best script installer than Fantastico, Installatron has all script's version updated, Fantastico doesn't.

Installatron for the win.

Assuming you do not know how operate web hosting. So what next?
Grab more knowledge about web hosting and market.
Easy start is reseller account ever.
Hope that helps

I had to install Installatron in my server since people are really looking for auto installers. Installatron is cheaper too. Fantastico is just much cuter than Installatron but they are the same.

I prefer FTP myself these days. But then again, it depends on the script I want to install.
Fantastico, in my opinion, is better of the lot but then again, it is never completely up to date with what's going on.

Maus,

MicroVPS is right, grab a reseller account then focus on mastering the selling side. It doesn't matter what software you are running if you don't have any clients.

Most reseller accounts have all this taken care of for you. If your clients don't know how to use FTP, they won't know the difference between Fantastico or Installatron.

Best,

Justin

I don't see too much difference between fantastico and Installatron. Both are same to me. But most of the users prefer Fantastico.

I don't see too much difference between fantastico and Installatron. Both are same to me. But most of the users prefer Fantastico.

go with the cheaper one then change the name to Fantastico. Just make sure to advertise you have an "auto installer" not fantastico, otherwise that's fraud.

but yeh, 9/10 users won't know the difference.

Fantastico is an industry standard. I don't think you will see its popularity or support wane for quite some time.

Fantastico is an industry standard. I don't think you will see its popularity or support wane for quite some time.

I agree. I personaly dont like it but then again its about the clients and making them happy

Back