• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

david blaine...real?

Resshin

I just watched some specials on david blaine on tv...

and i was wondering if the tricks he did was totally legit....meaning he didn't use any tv magic.....

i know that there is one where he did the levitation trick and they recorded the reactions and added the levitation where he was lifted by ropes.

but for the other tricks..did he do them by him self or did he use tv magic?

all those tricks are fake.. for example, he asks someone to pick a number between 1 -50, has to be a 2 digit number, both digits can't be the same and have to be odd. that leaves the person with the following #s:

30, 35, 37, 39, 50 well 37 is selected MOST of the time.

The hand swapping one where he hands them 2 cards and than "magically" switches it... no.. it's the trick of the hand. He switches the 2 cards BEFORE he gives them to you.

How do I know?

A few days ago a magician on TV revealed ALL his tricks (Dave Blaines), including his "floating"

Last edited:
his floating is basically tiptoe ing on one foot, and pretending to float on the other. the audience has to view it from the side though. on the movie, they edit scenes and stuff and the one where you see it from behind is the one where he uses wires.

david blaine's a great illusionist. there's no such thing as magic. magicians just use tricks and props for illusions. you can search google for some of his tricks.

Originally posted by Demigod
his floating is basically tiptoe ing on one foot, and pretending to float on the other. the audience has to view it from the side though. on the movie, they edit scenes and stuff and the one where you see it from behind is the one where he uses wires.

david blaine's a great illusionist. there's no such thing as magic. magicians just use tricks and props for illusions. you can search google for some of his tricks.

Actually, that's not it. They pay some actors to make some facial expressions where they record that. Than they attach him to some wires and make him "float", which is what you see on TV, and finally with put the 2 scenes together.

Originally posted by Robert
Actually, that's not it. They pay some actors to make some facial expressions where they record that. Than they attach him to some wires and make him "float", which is what you see on TV, and finally with put the 2 scenes together.

its what i meant to say. he does the foot trick first with the people that act surprise, and then uses a scene where he's on wires. thanks for clearing it up anyways.

alright man any1 know how he does the trick where he refills an empty pop-can? or is that just bribery and vid editing too?

Originally posted by striker
alright man any1 know how he does the trick where he refills an empty pop-can? or is that just bribery and vid editing too?

thats the trick that made me wonder if he uses tv magic or its somekind of crazy illusion.....another one is the one where he reaches through a window and takes a watch....

there's one where he was inside a giant ice cube..and he stayed in there for some time.....what does that prove..?

all those tricks are fake.. for example, he asks someone to pick a number between 1 -50, has to be a 2 digit number, both digits can't be the same and have to be odd. that leaves the person with the following #s:

The hand swapping one where he hands them 2 cards and than "magically" switches it... no.. it's the trick of the hand. He switches the 2 cards BEFORE he gives them to you.

How do I know?

A few days ago a magician on TV revealed ALL his tricks (Dave Blaines), including his "floating"
i saw that show too, and how he did davids tricks seemed so lame and not how david was doing them at all. if it is camera tricks, then is a huge phoney but i tend to believe there is more to it than simple magic tricks or camera tricks, like someone says in the post about mine about the watch, or the pop can. another one i saw is where he shattered a wine glasses just by concentrating on it. fake or not tho, his street magic is interesting. these stunts he is pulling now, are less interesting to watch, obviously but a fresh breath of air from what most 'magicians' do. hes trying to one up hudini i think.

Yeah man he should still be in there I went to visit my friend in London ONTARIO he is above the Thames River.

Hey, some of the stuff he does is cool, but it's not that same as if you were there.

Best magic trick I ever saw was this guy on Kilborn, (think he was "Magician of the Year in LV").

Here it goes: He takes a hankerchief, stuffs it into his hand, and pooF! It turns into an egg. Then, he goes on to explain it. He shows the audience the hollow wooden egg, and shows that he just simply put the hankerchief into the egg. Then he says something about making sure no one is watching from behind, because they will see what you are doing. But, if someone does catch it, you can always recover by peeling off the hole in the egg (which he does...it's now a black sticker), and then he cracked the egg into a glass (you know, spilling yolk and whatnot). Great trick. Anyways, I liked it, not what you are expecting.

Originally posted by striker
Yeah man he should still be in there I went to visit my friend in London ONTARIO he is above the Thames River.

There is no Thames River in Canada. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Daniel
There is no Thames River in Canada. :rolleyes:
actually there is. i think it does go through london and i know it goes through chatham because thats where i live.

Us Brits love David Blaine... he's given us a great target to practice our golf and an easy thing to flash our bits at! :D

He's either crazy or a fraud:devious2:

How are 30 and 50 examples of numbers with both digits as odd numbers? And why aren't numbers like 13, 15, 17, and 19 in there?

The most famous theory here in countries like Malaysia is, he has some kinda evil called Jin(as of Gin) which has super natural powers. Here, they use this Jin to rob money from people's house. BUt you gotta feed it with blood or something. That's wat they say, not sure if it is true or not. Maybe it is just crap but some of my frens say they have seen this sitting on trees in the villages. They are very small, green in colour,yeah rite! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Last edited:
Back