• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Copyright Infringement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclouds

Marketing Guru
NLC
I just noticed something that really made me mad earlier.

Look at our VPS page that has been up since may 2007.
http://v2.steadcom.com/vps

And look at these guys' page (new website)
http://www.nocforge.com/

I am seeing a lot of infringement here. From the background where it says "
NOC Forge Coming Soon" to the layout of the VPS packages, the borders are the SAME and the setup the same. We are considering all options at this point to have it removed. What do you guys think?

I think you are wasting your time and I also see not much of a similarity there.
What I do see though is a bit of a popularity contest for want of a better word.

I just don't really see the correlation. I see lots of hosts use that same (rather boring) way to list their servers and packages. Some use different colors...but in the end it's all the same table. How can you copyright a table. He just uses Nocforge at the top, while you have an entirely different header. When I visit the pages I really see no correlation.

I am not talking about the way it is listed. I am talking about the actual design of those boxes. Can't you see it is exactly the same? The background image for the <title> is also exactly the same. I did contact thenynoc who redirected me to Tylar for a DMCA Copyright Infringement notice that I sent already. We will see, we do not tolerate such intellectual theft.

I agree there is a similarity. So what if its the same colors. Its css and an html table. Quit crying, least they didn't jack your whole design. Then I could see a reason for complaining. Its not like a customer is going to mistake their page for yours.

You should watermark your images if you don't want them stolen. Many sites put their name in the shaded areas of their images making it barely noticeable or only noticeable to them.

Have fun trying to fight this one out over some css and a simple header image.

Both sites look similar, but that's all. The HTML coding that you used is all CSS, while they used tables.

Unlike images, it's very difficult to enforce a DMCA cease and desist policy on on HTML language that is freely available and nothing like yours.

Good luck with your plight.

I have psds and everything to show that it was done by our designer.

However out of good faith - and to stop the whining - i will have the image changed momentarily.

I am not changing the code for the tables as you do not own the copyright to the output of css and html.

Actually - I will complete redo the page - just so i don't have any burnt bridges.

First of all Dimitri - as a friend - i am surprised you would go about this and call me out when you could personally talk to me and take care of this. Your pulling a publicity stunt, and i think it is immature.

However i will walk away and have it redone. i never knew a temp page was going to cause so much grief.

Tylar,

As stated over MSN, I was unaware that it was you. When I found out, I messaged you immediately. There is no reason to make this a public debate nor to throw fire in the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back