• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.com.ru

birkitty

RIPN, the Russian registrar, has a web interface for registrations now. Much easier than the old, all email, process. However, I think you have to have all the supporting templates in place to use it.

Anyway, it really works. I got a half dozen domains I needed through the web interface and all are now delegated. They are buying ns*.mydomain.com too, but you have to list all 4 nameservers, BTW.

Looks like I'll have to use it more than I wanted though, to replace some of the .com.kg's I have that are needed. <sigh>

So, if you have your paperwork in line, it's easier than ever to get a .com.ru.

Yes... RIPN's new interface is the best invention since sliced bread! :D

I was happy to see it since the e-mail address that I originally used to signup is no longer valid and I had no clue how to change it. I now have it changed and have updated DNS info and such on my domains. :)

fill out form

Could some kind person email me a filled in copy of the form you sucesfully used. I would appreciate it have tried everything and I cat do it. Shit I must be going stupid!! Blockoput your password and I will change the details to what I want. Thaks that some. email webmaster@kapaihost.com thanks.

Originally posted by agent007
Bah, who's actually going to give away their passport information?
What on earth is passport?! Perhaps my English isn't good enough, but I can't understand a word of it...

Something you don't need to worry about unless you want a .pp.ru, I believe. In the past it has not been necessary for .com.ru and .net.ru!

What on earth is passport?! Perhaps my English isn't good enough, but I can't understand a word of it...
Der Pass

(I know German and Swedish aren't the same thing, but this word's gotta be pretty close)

You can't get .com.ru unless you're a commercial organization.. believe me I've tried...

The only thing you can get free is pp.ru... which ironically sucks ---...

I have an organization template for Birkitty, which is not a legally incorporated entity. RIPN approved it, and I get .com.ru sites pretty much whenever I want. In the first "purpose" slot, you put in "corporate domain for" and whatever is appropriate in the second slot. For example:

> #[DOMAIN TEMPLATE]#
> domain: venus.com.ru
> type: corporate
> descr: corporate domain for
> comp-d: Birjanji Venus
> admin-o: B15-ORG-RIPN
> bill-o: B15-ORG-RIPN
> nserver: ns1.mydomain.com.
> nserver: ns2.mydomain.com.
> nserver: ns3.mydomain.com.
> nserver: ns4.mydomain.com.
> mnt-by: RCAT76309651-MNT-RIPN
> mnt-ch: RCAT76309651-MNT-RIPN
> source: RIPN
>

Birjanji Venus is a cat. :)

I got my domain at 2001.11.19. However, i forgot the way to register. I will post a tutorial/guide when i remember.

domain: MICROSOFT.COM.RU
type: CORPORATE
admin-o: ICANN-ORG-RIPN
nserver: ns1.worldwidedns.net.
nserver: ns2.worldwidedns.net.
created: 2001.11.19
state: Delegated
changed: 2002.03.06
mnt-by: ICANN-MNT-RIPN
source: RIPN

Hello. I haven't posted on these boards forever. Can someone please email me with exactly how to go about getting a *.net.ru or *.com.ru please!.. I've been to the ripn site although it's a bit hard to understand... What templates do i need to send to them? Also, I have a few other questions. Please Help! Thanks in advance! :confused2

deziqngirl
email: deziqngirl@aol.com

Thanks.

made it

Well at long last after many attempts I got my details registered and have now got 1 Domain up and running and 2 others in progress.

All I can say in follow the instructions carefully and once you have regisitered you identity it all falls into place.

Thanks to those who helped in this forum.

Is there anyone besides me who have a problem with RIPN:s requirement that the domain name servers be located in different IP networks (different C class nets)? After all, most web hosts use two name servers in the same IP network...

How have everyone else solved this?

Back