• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.COM.KG Question

m3i2

I registered my .COM.KG domain and MYDOMAIN.COM. Now that I have my domain, I want to start my own free webhosting service.

Does anyone have any advice for where I can start?

(I'd prefer not to use megagiga or community architect)

Also can you renew .COM.KG domains BEFORE they expire?

Thnx,
m3i2

Last edited:
1. well...you could run a server on your own comp and offer space off of your comp.

2. no, there is no "renewal" section from what we at FWS.net know.

But you ***may be*** able to "RE"register it again..

I don't think you should rely your host on .com.kg... or else no user will have faith in you.

1.) I registered a .COM.KG domain a week ago.

2.) I changed the nameservers to the PORTLAND.CO.UK ones.

3.) I registered with PORTLAND.CO.UK (submission approoved).

4.) I registered the FREE Virtual ISP (VISP) package 1.

I'm almost there :biggrin2:

But why?!?

I mean, take no offense to this, but would you rather have "domain.wigloo.com" 10 megs and unreliable FTP? Let's face it megagiga is no longer that great. Portland's a little more complicated, i'll admit, but don't you think "domain.com.kg" is more attractive? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
uhh....

1. because its slow
2. because too many ppl use it
3. because its crappy
4. the space and offers suck
5. did i say its crappy??

???

So if Portland's slow, what else is there, megagiga?!? lol. The megagiga webmaster has stuck their head in a sand pit since last summer. The FTP access and support is horrible. What else can I use? Community Architect makes u sign a bunch of forms and like fax it to them - Is it worth a try? :confused: What about Homestead? Is that worth a try as well? :confused:

-m3i2

CA not as good anymore

I started using Community architect a few months ago, when they were still advertising 20mb. Now, you only give your users 12mb, and no more FTP. As of today, no free email, either...and popup h*ll! (Not even going into the tech problems I've had or lack of responses!)

I'm really bummed...It was a good service to start with. I don't think folks have figured out that popup advertising just ticks folks off.

kat

Really? Thanks for the advice...

So Far I know that:

Wigloo = Horrible FTP and support and banner ads.

Portland = Slow and lacking of offers.

Community Architect = Crash and Burn.

Homestead = No longer free.

Argh,

What else is there? I searched quite a bit and these are the only active sites I can find that offers co-branding.

-m3i2 ogre2

Back