• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Chill out music...

tandoc

tandoc tandoc
NLC
Can anybody recommend anything?

preferrably just some instrumentals, something i can do my homework while listening to.

thx

Black Label Society, In Flames, Machine Head, Slayer...

Metal relaxes me and allows me to get work done... maybe I'm different though.

Im doing my homework right now (and just glancing over the forum...:p ) listening to Tori Amos (dont know who she is but apparently she does the songs Im listening to haha)

"Amber Waves, A Sorta Fairytale, Strange, Carbon and Wednesday."

blaaaughkk!

okay...

sorry Bruce, you are different :biggrin2:, metal is good but its not what i'd like to listen to while concentrating.

classical isn't very good either, it is to some people, but it doesn't do it for me...

when you go to a restaurant or something, and there is music playing in the background (one of those not formal, but still good restaurants), i need the names of some of the tracks

Give us a clue what you mean by "Chill out music".

For me...I can listen to any familiar music while doing homework. Anything new, and singing along distracts me. Anything old, singing along is second nature, and I can focus on the work.

For instrumentals...I don't know any.

My tip: start listening to some Radiohead. That's always good when doing homework. Or my all time math homework CD : Foo Fighters (self-titled). That was the only CD I had for a while, so...let's just say it's had a few spins...but it only works because I have heard it so many times.

I'm like Bruce, I only listen to heavier stuff while doing work, but not necessarly metal.

I think tandoc wants something as to what we refer as "elevator music" or "Welcome to xyz inc. please wait while an operator becomes available, *music starts*," :confused2

well i rarely go in elevators, and when i do there's no music, and i never ring up any companies...

except maybe the pizza store, but they just put the phone on the desk...

you almost want something you don't wanna listen to so you can focus. So I guess you'd wanna get shitty music. I recommend Good Charlotte.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
you almost want something you don't wanna listen to so you can focus. So I guess you'd wanna get shitty music. I recommend Good Charlotte.

Hahahaha. I think I'd rather go without music then taking a chance of making my ear bleed ogre2.

Ick, I dislike hard metal to begin with, I'd go insane if I tried to listen to it while doing homework.
I find I can't listen to songs I know while doing creative writing at any case, the lyrics end up in my writing (if fiction) and distract me otherwise. Elevator music or classical music is what you want. The companies have got to get it from somewhere, altho I doubt it's Wal-Mart.

Originally posted by Blank Verse

How about some Simple Plan to go with it to. ;)

OK, so if we add some Not by Choice and Linkin Park to Good Charlotte and Simple Plan, we'll have the first annual Blank Verse puke-a-thon.

Back