• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Chill out music...

Do NOT put Linkin Park and Good Charlotte in the same category. LP are a good band, most people just dislike them because they think it makes them hard if they knock a band that doesn't swear every 5 seconds. :rolleyes:

Let's add Avril I'm A ----ing Poser Lavigne to the shit list.

Originally posted by anhedonia
Do NOT put Linkin Park and Good Charlotte in the same category.
Good point. I'd pick Good Charlotte and Simple Plan over Linkin Park any day.

Techno might be something. But the thing is, you gotta focus on your homework and let the techno be the 'background' of what's happening. So basically you're ignoring the techno music because if you dont you'll wanna kill yourself for listening to the same fricken beat for 30 minutes.

I wanna say Bright Eyes because their music is soft, but his songs are depressing, so its not what you wanna listen to when you wanna chill out.

I can do my homework with anything playing (mostly genres of rock tho'). But there has to be something playing or else it'll be hard for me to do my homework without being bummed out about having to do it. It helps me do better

I'm not saying that Linkin Park and Good Charlotte are the same types of bands music wise, no one can claim that.

What I am saying is that both Linkin Park and Good Charlotte (and Simple Plan, Not by Choice, etc, etc) fall under the same category of making me wanna vomit every time I hear them play.

LP, in my opinion, is not a good band. I won't give you shit for liking them, but don't assume the reason you've given is also my reason for not liking them. I personally don't care if someone thinks I'm "hard" or not. Personally, I see Linkin Park as another one of those industry fabricated bands they used to use to make boy bands, only this has heavier guitars, a DJ, and a guy who looks like he's 12 screaming a lot. And there's way too much computer editing and DJing and what have you for me to consider them a legitimate rock band (I'm not too fond of any band that re-releases an entire CD with a lot more heavy mixing involved)

Those are my reasons for not liking them. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are chart toppers, or that little girls like them, or that I think if I blast Linkin Park, that makes me gain some sort of street credit or some bullshit. None of these reasons are true.

Anywho, that's my little rant. I know i took the thread off topic, but what the hell, who here doesn't? Does anybody want me to defend my reasoning for not liking other bands, too? :p

yeah, I do :)

how aboot rooney or mars volta?

I'll probably be seeing rooney in vancouver, and the white stripes as well.

I'm tired of seeing bands that are popular already. after I see the stripes I'm only going to see bands that havent made it big yet.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
Yeah, the Flaming Lips rule. Does anyone here know about or like the Pixies?
The flaming lips are an amazing band, totally addicted to them right now.
And yeah, the Pixies kick --- too, though I haven't listened to them in a while.

I heard of the Pixies, so one time when I was at HMV and decided 3 CD's wasn't enough, I spotted the name "Pixies", and bought the CD. Anyways, turns out it was some previously unrealeased stuff. It sat around for a few days, one day I played a couple songs...then it sat around for a few months, I spun the whole thing the other day, wansn't very impressed with it. I will have to get the "real" shit (the stuff everyone else has heard).

Flaming Lips, I haven't listened to. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime.

Yes, chilling with Floyd is good. I saw a comic (one of em one framers) that was picture of a doctor handing a guy a joint (for medical use), and the guy asks "Should I take this with anything?". Doctor : "Dark Side of the Moon is always a good choice." Anyways, it was good. Definite chilling music.

And as most likely he is done his homework by now...what do you think about Evenescence? Personally, I thought that first single, Bring me to Life, was okay. Not horrible. Chick singing was something new, not that common. Anyways, by the time I heard the second single...what's it called...Going Under...I felt like shooting myself in the head. That voice...get's old real fast. The songs, get real old fast. That style of music, makes you want to go on a shooting rampage at the hq of the record companies producing this crap. Really, I die a little inside everytime I see somebody buy these crap CD's (Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Evenescence, AVRIL!!!, Lickin' Pork and so on).

I guess, though, when it comes down to it, to paraphrase Jack White "All the crap that's out there today, it makes you appreciate the stuff that's good".

Originally posted by Canuckkev
...to paraphrase Jack White...

based on my previous comments, I'm likely to be flamed for this, but I think the White Stripes are damn good. They throw out that elitist notion that "simple" music is bad music. The White Stripes keep their music pretty simple, but they have so much soul that they're an amazing band. I'm not saying complex technical music is bad, cause it's really not, all I'm saying is "good tunes is good tunes", no matter how simple or complex they are. As long as it's real, I'll listen to it.

er...in summary, the White Stripes are pretty cool,. and I ramble a lot.

Yes...I think we all agree with you there (about the stripes kicking ---). Notice my pepermint candy avatar? Ripped from whitestripes.com...

Forum (which needs some more, or some, traffic, hint hint) theme is White Stripes inspired too.

Pretty much, for me, the White Stripes gave me faith in music again. They made me realize that there isn't only crap out there. And also that $20 on a CD can be money very well spent.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Really, I die a little inside everytime I see somebody buy these crap CD's (Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Evenescence, AVRIL!!!, Lickin' Pork and so on).
We all have different tastes in music, and quite frankly, I'd rather listen to any of those bands than the White Stripes.

Has anyone heard the new Rancid song? Fall Back Down? It's a bit more mainstream than your standard Rancid song, but it's upbeat and catchy, and I love it, even if the video shamefully features the one Good Charlotte member.

oh hey, I just discovered another reason to dislike Good Charlotte. Their initials are GC :eek: Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Blank Verse

oh hey, I just discovered another reason to like Good Charlotte. Their initials are GC :eek: Coincidence? I think not.

Wait a minute, dont you hate good charlotte?

I concur with the assertion that the White Stripes rule.

I think the fact that they recorded their last album on really cheap analog equipment is cool.

Back