• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Care to increase your search engine rank?

Originally posted by Theo
Further more, I am not deticating any time for this. If people give me enough links then I will just create the page within 5 minutes.

Ah, so you're dedicating 5 minutes to this? :confused: ;)

If you just gave yourself another five minutes and fired off five or so emails to websites like yours and tried to get link exchanges I'm almost certain you'd see even better results.

I know you've sometimes got to take risks, but with Google being one of the major search-engines I certinly wouldn't want to be banned. I just wanted to explain the dangers to you all, and I think my work here is done. ;)

:chinese2:

I guess you would prefer other methods of promoting our websites .. like using your pay-per-click "hot links" ;)

(By the way ... can you imagine that some web hosting companies pay more than $7 per click at http://www.overture.com/ ?? Thats insane !! )

Using that kind of Link Popularity programs is much more risky than just exchanging links the way i suggested. But nobody knows exactly the level of the risk. I don't think its too hight ... but its up to you.

What would YOU do?

You seem to know alot more then I on those backlinks.

Oh, and I just checked.

Did yahoo stop having its free "Add a link" thing????
I need to pay 299 now! @#*@&#

Persoanally i wouldn't risk. Thats why i started this post. Otherwise I would have just go join one of those programs too.
Maybe you can make a search for the particular program online and in news groups. Maybe you can find if people had any benefits from it, and if anybody got banned....

You need to exchange links with sites like yours, that way even if you don't get the search engine rank, the reciprocal links give good traffic to your site.

Originally posted by SlashTek.com
Did yahoo stop having its free "Add a link" thing????
I need to pay 299 now! @#*@&#

They only stopped free additions for Adult and Commercial websites, all hobby sites should still be able to get in for free. :)

We could all build same type of Website.

What I think would be good is to target the top searched for keyword phrase ( build pages that target what most people are searching for )

Once we build this page we link to are other pages. As far as linking to each other we could each build are own seperate UNITED GLOBAL WEBMASTERS webpage that would link to each other and could be added to as more people join are ring, club or Quest to create a better internet.

Sample site http://1st.8m.net/best/United_Global_Webmasters.htm

All would create a buttom to be places to the left. With description of the website to the right.

you could put ads on far right. Well thats how I feel this would work best for all...

Here are what people search for at lycos:
http://50.lycos.com/

I really have no interest to build a site that will rank high for term like "Osama Bin Laten" or "dragonball" and have my link visible in such a page !!

You are missing the point here. The point is that you have something to say or offer and you want people to be able to find it. Not that you look what people search for and build a site for it.

If you have nothing to say or offer then better do nothing and save the web from another Bin Laten or DragonBall site.

Back