• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can Someone please post a good host for my needs!

yiyu

What i need is a free host that gives a domain or subdomain for free, no setup or monthly fees (so everything free) ftp uploads with 3 or 4 accounts. .htaccess and .cgi (perl), and optionally php. Atleast 750MB of bandwidth and atleast 20mb storage space. I mainly want .cgi and .htaccess cause thats the only scripting language i've learnt (apart from javascript), but i want to try php.

the main things i want are
Atleast 1 FTP
.htaccess
.cgi
100mb storage space
2g bandwidth or higher

Originally posted by striker
spaceports is 10mb if memory serves...

Spaceports is unorganized and has some outdated links.One of theweb hosting guides i went to pointed my to one of there pages thats says they give 50 mb php mysql and ftp.....When at all they don't give mysql+php gay if you ask me...

I do believe spaceports starts off with a certain amount of stuff, then you can sign up for more space, php, mysql, cgi, etc. after you have a site/account.

No, netfirms is completely free. Click on "Free hosting" at the bottom of their frontpage.

On spaceports.com, cgi accounts are seperated from the non-cgi accounts. Once you sign up for a non-cgi account, you can then create a cgi account. I've heard that banners are no longer need to be displayed on the non-cgi accounts but I am not sure. However, you will still need to add a banner on your CGI pages. Robots are always checking if the banner scripts on the pages so be aware. Uploads of Avatars, sendmail capabilities, php backup for phpBB are also disabled on this service. The worst thing about Spaceports is the phpMyAdmin. This takes for minutes just to get in. Direct linking to cgi pages are also prohibited, you will need to link them from your non-cgi page. The server is pretty heavy in traffic at some times so if you are looking for speed, you might want to look for others instead.

Netfirm is free but I thought you need a banner for free accounts. If you hate banners, then you will need to look somewhere else.

Last edited:
Back