• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bullfighting - a cruel and murderous Spanish tradition

Originally posted by +chips
You know, you immediately assumed this was a personal attack against you and your country when quite clearly it wasn't.

It clearly was.

Next time, try reading the opinions put forth before you express yours - you only come across as the arrogant, narrow-minded fool when you rush in like... A bull in a China shop.

You are the arrogant, narrow-minded fool.

Whether you are willing to admit that bullfighting is cruel or not, I know it is and that's my personal belief, which I also believe many people on this forum also share.

Good for them.

When you open your eyes and stop believing that everything your country does is "holy" - or whatever it is you think - then I will have respect for you.

Then what am I to believe? :mad:

It clearly was? Oh yes, I forgot my subject title was "Giancarlo, your country sucks". :rolleyes:

ar·ro·gant Pronunciation Key (r-gnt)
adj.
Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

Oh yes, that definitely sounds like me when I said "Bullfighting is cruel". If you're going to insult me; at least use words that make sense. I don't believe I'm better or more important than you or anyone else here; I merely stand strongly by my belief that bullfighting is a wrong and bloodthirsty sport.

What are you to believe? Why do you need to believe that everything your country does is perfect; without any minor flaw? Believe in yourself. Believe in human decency, and kindess towards others (and that includes animals).

Oh yes, that definitely sounds like me when I said "Bullfighting is cruel". If you're going to insult me; at least use words that make sense. I don't believe I'm better or more important than you or anyone else here; I merely stand strongly by my belief that bullfighting is a wrong and bloodthirsty sport.

In my belief I stand strongly that bullfighting is not wrong, and is fine.

What are you to believe? Why do you need to believe that everything your country does is perfect; without any minor flaw? Believe in yourself. Believe in human decency, and kindess towards others (and that includes animals).

I like bullfighting because it is a sport I respect, like Soccer. Now do you have a problem with that? I DO BELIEVE MYSELF, yet because I like bullfighting it some how makes me not? What the hell is wrong with you?

Okay, so I guess you won't complain when I send Toefur to chop off your family's ears and spear their sides and drug them, to name only a few methods of torture bulls are forced to endure?

You know, most humans are born with a sense of what is right and what is wrong, but I guess you were too busy murdering bulls when it was handed out.

Believing in something does not automatically make it right; and most people who have a decent set of morals know that you do not believe in something that is wrong. Murderers believe that when they kill their victims that is perfectly fine - but is it? No.

Okay, so I guess you won't complain when I send Toefur to chop off your family's ears and spear their sides and drug them, to name only a few methods of torture bulls are forced to endure?

That is a far cry from what is a being discussed.

You know, most humans are born with a sense of what is right and what is wrong, but I guess you were too busy murdering bulls when it was handed out.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SENSE? ANY SENSE AT ALL? BESIDES BEING A JUDGING POMPUS ---? YOU DON'T HAVE A SINGLE RIGHT TO JUDGE ANYONE HERE.

Believing in something does not automatically make it right; and most people who have a decent set of morals know that you do not believe in something that is wrong. Murderers believe that when they kill their victims that is perfectly fine - but is it? No.

Murder has nothing to do with what is at hand.

And I don't have a decent set of morals? There you go again with your judging. Stay the ---- out of my way, for a change. Don't ever judge me again, and say I don't have morals or I will eat your argument for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you won't have an argument at all because of its stupidity.

YOU ARE SO STUPID! HOW CAN YOU BE SO ----ING UNEDUCATED AND DUMB? IGNORANT IDIOT! YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON +chips!
:p

Okay, this thread is over with. I got other things to do. You can discuss your little debates on your own, with your own ignorance and downright stupidity. I can't stand people who judge others. I may do it myself, but it is something I avoid. I say Bullfighting is right in my opinion, you go after that and I DON'T GET THAT RIGHT TO GO AFTER YOU? WHO THE ---- DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO JUDGE PEOPLE LIKE THAT?

Is it a far cry? I don't think so. Just because you had judged that a bull's life - in fact, 35,000 bulls/year in Spain alone, is not important, you think, "Who cares if bulls die?"

Oh boy. :rolleyes: Before you were just hurling childish insults, now you're using Caps Lock to shout them at me. Can't you have a mature debate, or does the need to be immature and bratty overcome you?

Murder has nothing to do with it, huh? Well, then, I'll just go and feed the live bulls out in the paddock, shall I? The 35,000 that were murdered last year in Spain?

For God's sake, learn to read.

Is it a far cry? I don't think so. Just because you had judged that a bull's life - in fact, 35,000 bulls/year in Spain alone, is not important, you think, "Who cares if bulls die?"

Correct.

Oh boy. :rolleyes: Before you were just hurling childish insults, now you're using Caps Lock to shout them at me. Can't you have a mature debate, or does the need to be immature and bratty overcome you?

You have no ----ing right to judge anybody, and especially me. You cannot stripe my right away from attacking you vigorously because I think you are wrong.

Murder has nothing to do with it, huh? Well, then, I'll just go and feed the live bulls out in the paddock, shall I? The 35,000 that were murdered last year in Spain?

For God's sake, learn to read.

What about the millions of cattle that are slaughtered each year in Argentina? No they are used for food. Murdered? Far cry from that, they weren't murdered, because they are just animals. They don't deserve any greater rights in my opinion.

Take your --- out of here, and learn how to read yourself!

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Okay, this thread is over with. I got other things to do. You can discuss your little debates on your own, with your own ignorance and downright stupidity. I can't stand people who judge others. I may do it myself, but it is something I avoid. I say Bullfighting is right in my opinion, you go after that and I DON'T GET THAT RIGHT TO GO AFTER YOU? WHO THE ---- DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO JUDGE PEOPLE LIKE THAT?

Okay, see you later. I evidently won this debate, considering you're giving in so early :).

Well, now the mature members of this forum can discuss bullfighting in a polite and considerate manner; unlike the manner which you constantly display when you disagree with someone.

Adios.

Okay, see you later. I evidently won this debate, considering you're giving in so early :).

There you go again... you are judging people again. There are no winners or losers in an debate, just different opinons.

Well, now the mature members of this forum can discuss bullfighting in a polite and considerate manner; unlike the manner which you constantly display when you disagree with someone.

Adios.

You are a blind fool who judges anybody who opposes you.

Once you learn to accept others' opinions and not automatically charge in and demand that everyone agree with you, then you'll realise you're not always right.

I would be willing to admit that bullfighting was not murderous if you had facts to back up your claims - but you don't, as is made obvious by your previous posts. All you have is comments like, "You're a fool!". Well, I'm sorry, I didn't realise we were back in kindergarten. :rolleyes:

Once you learn to accept others' opinions and not automatically charge in and demand that everyone agree with you, then you'll realise you're not always right.

I have, and this time I am right in my opinion, you have no right to judge whether I am right or not though.

I would be willing to admit that bullfighting was not murderous if you had facts to back up your claims - but you don't, as is made obvious by your previous posts. All you have is comments like, "You're a fool!". Well, I'm sorry, I didn't realise we were back in kindergarten. :rolleyes:

And do you have facts besides photos? Photos prove nothing. I been to 2 dozen bull fights. Why should I back up my claims? With what? I made my opinion and my statements. Why should I back them up with arbitary assertions?

Originally posted by Giancarlo

THEN STOP JUDGING ME! LET ME HOLD MY OPINION IN PEACE!
I can assure you that we all would be very happy if you would do just that.

What about you apologize to the lady for swearing and yelling at her now? That's no way to behave for a young man of good upbringing.

In past decades, bullfighting has been an accepted and admired 'sport'. It has been portrayed as courageous and matadors have been made into heroes. In reality, bullfighting is a murderous, vicious bloodbath with no bravery. 35,000 bulls are inhumanely slaughtered annually in Spain alone.
Prior to a bullfight, the bull has his sight diminished by petroleum jelly, strength eliminated by tranquilizers, given laxatives and severe beatings to the kidneys. Additionally, heavy weights are hung around his neck weeks prior to the actual fight, and confinement in darkness for hours preceding the fight. Over 90% of bulls in fights have had their horns 'shaved'. This means that several cm's of the bull's horns have been shaved off, and the bull misses the target he is aiming for because of the altered angle.
Although the matador is represented as brave to face the bull; the truth is the poor animal is much too weak to defend himself when it comes time to fight. The bull is released into the ring and stabbed repeatedly by the matador, two picadors on horses and three men on foot. Horses are also a victim to this cruel Spanish tradition. The bull, frightened and angered by the attacks induced on him, fights back by thrusting his horns at his torturers. Unfortunately, his opponents are on horseback and the bull instead strikes the horses. Prior to being used in a bullfight, horses are shot behind the ear with dope, blindfolded, gored and have wet newspaper stuffed in their ears. Their vocal cords are also cut so their terrified, pained cries do not distract or disturb the crowd. Promoters of bullfighting claim to be 'saving' the horses from glue factories; as old plow horses are used.

Subsequent to the degrading and vicious attack to the bulls and horses, the matador waits until the bull is decimated by blood loss and exhaustion before attempting to make a clean kill with a sword to the heart. He rarely succeeds and often pierces the bull's lungs instead, thus prolonging his torture. To spare the audience the sight of a helpless animal about to die; often a dagger is used to cut the bull's spinal cord, thus finalizing his murder. The bull is also victim to having his ears and tail hacked off, whether conscious or not.

Adding to the horror of this disgusting execution of an innocent animal is "baby bullfights". Bulls, 3-4 years old, are brought into the arena and stabbed to death by the fights' spectators. The ears and tail are then sliced off, often when the baby bull is still conscious - and therefore very aware of pain. Bulls are now especially bred for bullfighting in 280 ranches across Mexico. Selective breeding ensures that bulls are created to return to the torture of the matador time and time again, and die in the most 'pleasing' way possible for the audience.

Perhaps the reason this murderous sport still exists is the profit bullfight owners pull in, $1.2 million/year. If a bull could speak, would his murder still be allowed for profit? Is $1.2 million justification for torturing and murdering 35,000 bulls per year? Is it right to torture, torment, destroy and slaughter a living creature solely for entertainment?

Did you even read the topic before you chucked a big fit? Obviously not. You see all that text up there, quoted from my original post? That's called FACTS.

Re: Re: Bullfighting - a cruel and murderous Spanish tradition

Did you even read the topic before you chucked a big fit? Obviously not. You see all that text up there, quoted from my original post? That's called FACTS.

And what exactly do these "facts" prove? That I can't watch bullfighting anymore?

I presented the sites that are in favor of bullfighting, what more should I do?

Originally posted by meow
I can assure you that we all would be very happy if you would do just that.

What about you apologize to the lady for swearing and yelling at her now? That's no way to behave for a young man of good upbringing.

I will never apologize to somebody like this. NEVER!

Back