• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bulletin Board Service

rainplanet

I need a free bulletin board service (just like this vbulletin) for my homepage. Do you guys have any suggestion? Thanks.

Originally posted by Wezz
YaBB SE for php/mysql or YaBB 1 Gold - SP1.1 for perl/flatfile.
No offence but I don't like either. If yabb 1 gold isn't chmoded properly then it can be hacked easily (you can't chmod on windows so for windows users its going to be hell). phpbb 2 in my opinion is the best php / mysql forum.

He asked for suggestions so I suggest two I like. This topic is not about which one is the best so I won't talk about that.

Thanks a lot

I want to thank all of you. So far, I think I will use phpbb. But still not sure. I have downloaded it. Any one have another suggestion?

Originally posted by Wezz
He asked for suggestions so I suggest two I like. This topic is not about which one is the best so I won't talk about that.
He said just like vbulletin. YaBB doesn't have as many features or can compete with it in my opinion. Boards like phpbb can.

Originally posted by rainplanet
I want to thank all of you. So far, I think I will use phpbb. But still not sure. I have downloaded it. Any one have another suggestion?
Try wbb. Their site is http://www.woltlab.de

Re: please visit my forum

<<MOD NOTE: The post you quoted was removed>>

I'm actually not sure which forum script is the best. Honestly, they all look the same to me. Their features are all copied off of each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: please visit my forum

Originally posted by conkermaniac

I'm actually not sure which forum script is the best. Honestly, they all look the same to me. Their features are all copied off of each other.
The best is no doubt PHPBB2. Everyone recommends them.

Re: Re: Re: please visit my forum

Originally posted by The Red Guy
The best is no doubt PHPBB2. Everyone recommends them.

That doesn't mean that they're good. I have looked at their features, and I'm not too impressed.

Back