• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Buggiest Game Release... ever

Dean

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
NLC
UbiSoft last week released Splinter cell, this week stores are taking it off there shelves due to how buggy it is, check out the forums: http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=scell_tech&page=1

Here is a reply I got from UBI Soft's excellent customer support...

1) "We cannot and do not provide refunds."

2) "If you are within the minimum requirements printed on the box, then it should run fine."

I am way above min specs and have done everything suggested in this board and in the FAQ. Game still doesn't work.

Here is my plan: I'm going to be relestless with the Customer Support until they either fix my (actually their) problem or give me my money back. They will pay way more than the $50 they stole from me trying to get their flawed software to work on a perfectly good machine.

As far as not providing refunds, their e-mail messages about how the the game should "run fine" if I meet minimum specs will be perfect for the eventual lawsuit this will most likely come to.

I'll keep everyone informed on my progress

Umm... why not just return it to the store where you bought it? It'd save both you and them the time and hassle.

Originally posted by Daniel
Works fine for me and my friends. :confused2
Yeah, after reading that post I asked my brother about it, as he had played it a bunch on his Xbox.
He didn't see any bugginess.

*ahem* its made by microsoft.. it has bugs.. i mean the nvidia chip was cracked in the first week - which is a bug - and they needed a new one :D

Btw, how do you expect to charge a lawsuit against UBI?

First off, unless you completely formatted and your computer, and Splinter Cell was the first thing you installed(besides drivers), they you really have no case against them. It's not guarranteed to work with other software.

Back