• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bloody Hotmail!

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
I am so sick of trying to check my Hotmail in Opera, only for it to NOT work. I can't count how many times this has happened, and it is SO ANNOYING. Then I have to open Internet Explorer, and what happens? It all works perfectly. Hotmail should get their act together and make their services work for everyone... Stupid Microsoft and their monopoly.

no sh*t just switch to a new mail server, not very hard point and click your addy book and tell them new email addy, screw microcrap

Originally posted by Jan
Or swap Opera for Netscape :devious2: :p

ROTFLMAO

As if I'd use that crap!

Anyway, I use Hotmail 'cos I use Messenger every night, and it's just easier. And Internet Explorer 6 is the dodgiest thing ever. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by anhedonia

Anyway, I use Hotmail 'cos I use Messenger every night, and it's just easier. And Internet Explorer 6 is the dodgiest thing ever. :rolleyes:
Sooooooo...Opera is crap...IE is dodgy...use Netscape I say :biggrin2:

Opera isn't crap, it's just that it supports the standards more rigidly than IE, and Netscape. Therefore badly written html code doesn't work. But you can't blame Opera for that :)

Btw, anhedonia, what version of Opera are you using? I use 6.02 and it works everytime with Hotmail.

Andy.

Opera == crap, especially their ads
Netscape == crap
Mozilla == crap
Phoenix == Good
IE == Excellent

I use Phoenix and IE
:)

Originally posted by trenzterra
Opera == crap, especially their ads
Netscape == crap
Mozilla == crap
Phoenix == Good
IE == Excellent

I use Phoenix and IE
:)

a typical unqualified response

Andy.

But it's normally common sense to give a reason for like or hate, that way you don't upset the people who do like the products your dismissing as crap because they then at least understand why you don't like them.

Andy.

How on earth can you use Hotmail in Opera? It uses HTTPMail, which is supported :)rolleyes:) only in Outlook Express.
On the browsers:
IMO, Opera is good...most of the time. The CSS support, however, is crap. I have to switch to IE or Mozilla if I want to look at a site that defines its text color in CSS. Mozilla has b0rked CSS too, for the most part, so I'm stuck with slow-opening, slow-page loading IE 6 :(

Could it be your settings in Opera, like security settings, cookies? I think it should still work, unless you get messages like I used to get from a Netscape site "Your browser is not compatible, please download Netsapce NOW!"

this is a dumn argument ....

uhm, did i just say what i said. Anyways here is my stand on browsers:

Netscap = Nutscrape, crap
Mozilla = crap
Internet Explorer = do i really have to say anything? its M$'s.
Opera = okay, but CSS support is shit
Konquerer = Awesome.
Phoenix = okay.

Originally posted by X-Istence

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's the general public's blind, undying and unwarranted hate for "Micro$oft".

Originally posted by X-Istence
uhm, did i just say what i said. Anyways here is my stand on browsers:

Netscap = Nutscrape, crap
Mozilla = crap
Opera = okay, but CSS support is shit
Konquerer = Awesome.
Phoenix = okay.
Unless you are capable of coding something better than any of the above you should probably keep your mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nickmahon
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's the general public's blind, undying and unwarranted hate for "Micro$oft".
Me too, I seriously HATE it!:mad:

I love my IE6, I've tried all browsers and I just can't get what I get in IE. General pages just look better in IE then in anything else, IMO.

Back