• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bloody Hotmail!

Originally posted by nickmahon
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's the general public's blind, undying and unwarranted hate for "Micro$oft".

Microsoft + monopoly = shitty products * number of people who use it = popular pieces of shit software

I'd use Linux more if more games supported it.

I'd use Linux if all the software that works on Windows works on Linux... But I like most of MS products.

Originally posted by Chroder
I'd use Linux if all the software that works on Windows works on Linux... But I like most of MS products.

Well most windows programs work in Linux under WINE.

All I can say is, my computer came with IE, so I used that. I have yet to experience anything I would define as a problem. If my computer came with Netscape, or Opera, or whatever, I'd probably say the same thing

Originally posted by Daniel
Microsoft + monopoly = shitty products * number of people who use it = popular pieces of shit software

I'd use Linux more if more games supported it.
Let's face it, MS has been clever in its advertising campaign.

Wow, you must have such a fulfilling life if you can't live without your web browser.
I mean when I surf the net.

Incidentally, I have actual reasons for using Opera and ditching IE.

- Internet Explorer 6 lags. Constantly. Badly. If I use IE for an hour, I can guarantee it will just stop loading anything for a few minutes at least five times, meanwhile I'm chatting on MSN successfully, or FTP'ing. Everything else works, so it isn't as though my internet has stopped working. I have tried having IE6 and Opera running, and when IE6 lags, test Opera, and it has worked every time; no lag whatsoever. Therefore, I never touch IE.

- IE crashes frequently, Opera has crashed about twice in however long I have been using it. (At least a year.)

- Opera's ability to block all pop-ups is the best feature a web browser can have. With IE, I used to get all these Java-packed pop-ups which either froze me, cut my connection, or slowed everything down to a painful speed for several minutes.

- I know somebody mentioned that Opera's ads suck. But honestly, I never notice them except to sometimes read the "Opera Comics". I figure a small banner which never irritates me is a small price to pay for a browser which doesn't lag, doesn't crash and blocks pop-ups.

So I'm not just bashing IE without any reasons here. I have just found it to be painfully unreliable and the lagging is just irritating as hell. I love Opera. :)

Oh, and the problem with Hotmail is, I just get sent back to the log in screen again and again and again... Then I usually just don't check my mail that day, or (grudgingly) open IE6. I think I might start using OperaMail account again. Hotmail worked in Opera tonight, which was good. It has its good and bad days.

I use IE, and I have no problems with it. Smooth surfing even after hours of use. I don't use Opera because it is not free, and the ads takes bandwidth too. I do have Netscape, but it's only for website local testing.

Great things are always free...:D

Well most windows programs work in Linux under WINE.

WINE doesn't like kernel32.dll, and that's a problem....

Last edited:
Back