1. Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 125.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Add your web host to our brand new web hosting directory (beta).
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to promote my photography?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ian, Mar 27, 2014.

1. ian

ian Active Member

Hi all,

I have a domain and did have hosting for my site but I didn't renew the hosting since I didn't work on the site enough. So I redirected my domain to my facebook page. I take nature photos and would like to make an on-line portfolio to display and draw interest in my photography. Can this possibly be done with free sites? I appreciate all ideas. Thank you.

Ian

2. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Member

Hello Ian

You can definitely use free domains for promoting your photography. There are free domain services like blogger, wordpress and Tumblr to create free blogs and promote anything. I can also suggest you to share your photography in various social sites like Pinterest and other image hosting sites. They are quiet effective.

3. BrownDragon

BrownDragon Member

I whould recomend you to build a nice portfolio website and promote it thru social media. If you do not want to build a website - use only social media to promote your works.

Flill likes this.
  4. ian

ian Active Member

Is there a good free portfolio site that you reccomend?

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk 2

5. sarmth

sarmth Active Member

Hi Ian.

I'm currently developing a Multi-host system with integrated control panel called Bizz.net.au. (Not trying to advertise here) I would love to offer you a free website and technical support to get you started, if you want to test the system for me?

6. ian

ian Active Member

Sarmt that would be great, thank you. Just let me know what I have to do

7. iBrightDev

iBrightDev Jay Street NLC NLC

DONT use a FREE portfolio site. Make a real site, promote through facebook, create a business page on facebook and push traffic to your site that way. Also, get a pinterest account and post your photos there.

8. Jan

Jan Forum Cleaner NLC

Photography pages on facebook are extremely popular, certainly the way to go :)

9. Saul1

Saul1 New Member

You have to make a fan page at Facebook and post your photography at your Facebook page, i hope you will get popularity soon.

10. Kathy123

Kathy123 New Member

Use Instagram

11. remolacha

remolacha New Member

do you like idea with Instagram?! It can e usufull and bring you money in future! You should develop your profile, and to download good pictures, that`s it

12. Shinjiru

Shinjiru New Member

Yes. Instagram is the best platform to share your photography. Use hashtags to promote your artworks.

13. remolacha

remolacha New Member

insta is really developed our days.. Highly recommend!

14. Flill

Flill New Member

Absolutely agree

15. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member NLC

Nude model + sell photo sets to Suicide Girls

16. Ankita Sharma

Ankita Sharma New Member

Create Google Business Listing and you will get amazing results.

17. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member NLC

My idea is better

18. techsophia

techsophia New Member

Hi

I think you have to use social media like facebook Instagram and Google+, it is the best way to promote.

Hope it helps you.

19. VPS9

VPS9 Member

To promote your online portfolio try out Image sharing and Social media sharing. These two techniques will surely help you promote your portfolio.

20. While working profesionally for the photograhy, taking phots is the easiest part that is to be consider. But, by the side of buinsess, to promote photgraphy includes some steps:-

• Advertising
    • Social networking
    • Portfolio website
    • Blogging
    • Testimonials
    • Networking
    • Exhibit your work
    • Online arts profiles
    • Enter competition
    • Putting all of into face