• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best CMS ?

moldytwig

what is the best content management system these days?

my priorities are:

1. SEO friendly
2. Security
3. Functionality

thanks for any input and please give examples supporting your answer.

Joomla, as like as you take the time to learn how to use it.

1. Can be achieved easily with a plugin
2. 1.5's Pretty secure. Though many people that were running 1.0 have been hacked.
3. Tons of features

Joomla, as like as you take the time to learn how to use it.

1. Can be achieved easily with a plugin
2. 1.5's Pretty secure. Though many people that were running 1.0 have been hacked.
3. Tons of features

I 2nd that. There are tons of features plugins addons and such. And if you do it right it wont even look like joomla :)

Joomla all the way.
Even 1.0.x can be completely secured with a few plugins that are available from the Joomla Extensions site.

James, i know we have been waiting a while, but, iBright is finally completed. give me a call if you still got the number. i lost yours. PM it to me. of, if you are confused as to who this is, i got a name change on here. this is Justin St. Germain. PM me if you lost my number too. we should get together again soon and grab some beers.

**BTW**
MODS/ADMIN, please dont delete this post, not a plug for my own product. i personally know James, and am friends with him. just havent seen him in about 6 months and lost his number, so, just letting him know that the CMS he was waiting on is actually ready for him to go nuts with.

Last edited:
James, i know we have been waiting a while, but, iBright is finally completed. give me a call if you still got the number. i lost yours. PM it to me. of, if you are confused as to who this is, i got a name change on here. this is Justin St. Germain. PM me if you lost my number too. we should get together again soon and grab some beers.

**BTW**
MODS/ADMIN, please dont delete this post, not a plug for my own product. i personally know James, and am friends with him. just havent seen him in about 6 months and lost his number, so, just letting him know that the CMS he was waiting on is actually ready for him to go nuts with.

Is it avaiable to the public?

Is it avaiable to the public?

it will be in the next week or two. working on the default template, but, if someone wants it without the default template so they con mod it themselves, then it is ready. otherwise, visit ibrightdev.com in a couple weeks. i will be posting in ads and offers when it is up for download. beta testing is starting this weekend, so, got to make sure to get bugs out before launching to the world. ;)

i was an avid wordpress user for a while, then after dabbling in joomla theres no looking back.

Was a real pain at first ill be honest, but deciding to make my own template was the best idea i ever had, as the understanding you gain of how joomla works is huge.

what is the best content management system these days?

my priorities are:

1. SEO friendly
2. Security
3. Functionality

thanks for any input and please give examples supporting your answer.

And I think Joomla is one of the best CMS for that.

Back