• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

rhianna

Hi,

I'd like to upload an avatar, but the User CP won't allow me to.
There's a radio button that I can't change & I am told, "Do not use an avatar"
:cry2:

Is there a minimum posting threshold to reach in order to qualify for an avatar?

Thank you.

yup...there is one, but it changes so much I forget what the minimum is. It's either 50 or 100...or 150. In any case, yeah, you'll have to wait.

And good Christ, do not, do not, do not spam to get more posts quicker.

The criteria should be listed. Where is the criteria listed?
I couldn't find the answer in the FAQs. The FAQs look like generic vBulletin FAQs that every vBulletin owner uses. Without modifications it's not very helpful.
I asked my question nicely and Blanky gave me a wise-guy answer :p

rhianna said:
The criteria should be listed. Where is the criteria listed?
I couldn't find the answer in the FAQs. The FAQs look like generic vBulletin FAQs that every vBulletin owner uses. Without modifications it's not very helpful.
I asked my question nicely and Blanky gave me a wise-guy answer :p

The requirements are changing all the time because people always complain about them..keeping up in the FAQ is just damned impossible :p

lol 2 duckies in here. canardpress, have u notice your avatar is like......:)

OH, Jan! We share the same favourite water fowl! You are my favorite moderator! LOL....:) (It's not just here, my website is duckie too...lol)

Because we have a lot of members, and this way we can see who is going to stick around. If we had all these people who signed up, put in an avatar, and then never posted, that'd be such a waste of bandwidth.

I've always felt it was a great idea, and I had to wait much longer than most people who complain about it have to wait to ge theirs.

Red Excalibur said:
why dont they just let anyone have an avatar

To be able to have an avatar is somewhat of an award or goal: the prospect of being able to show off an avatar is an incentive to post. It's kind of similar to collecting cereal box tops in order to get a prize
:biggrin2:

jerry4dos said:
When I get to have an avatar, it's going to be a picture of a curmudgeon.

Hmm,
Merriam-Webster Online defines curmudgeon as, " a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man" so that ought to be an interesting picture :biggrin2:
I imagine the look on Rip Van Winkle's face when he's rudely roused from his slumber? Or what do you have in mind?

jerry4dos said:
I was thinking along the lines of "a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man."

Oh, well, Rip Van Winkle would be out then because (I guess) he's too unusual
:biggrin2:

Seems as if you have more than enough points to earn your avatar. What's stopping you from "establishing a look" and using one right away?

Back