• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Australia Wins Its First Gold Ever

Filòs

Today is an exciting day if you are an Australian sports fan; A gold medal was won by Australia in the mens 1000m short-track speed skating event.

If you arent familiar with it, 5 men race side by side around a short track for 1000m. The Australian, (S. Bradbury) was about half a lap behind the leading man from China. The Chinese athlete was pushing at and grabbing the guy in first place, an American, causing them both to fall. That pair's fall caused everyone else, except bradbury (He was too far behind), to fall.

The Australian skated past the pile of tangled bodies to earn the Gold Medal. The USA got silver and Canada got bronze. (they crawled and did a baseball style slide across the finish line)

quite a race.

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OI! OI! OI! :biggrin2:

That is great news Filòs, thanks!

The first heat was quite amazing too, and there was a disqualification of the Japanese speed skater. That was some crazy stuff. :eek:

It all depends on what the hell that "oi" word means. I swear, Australians and their made-up words. ;)

Speaking of which, Canada absolutely RAPED the Swedes in Womens hockey today. 9-0 I think

although sweden did lay a beating on the canadian mens team yesterday

I wouldn't know. I have a sports filter in my brain. But I applaud every time I hear we have lost something. Makes the shit less popular = less TV time and money spent on it next time. :D

I only watch sports regularly once every 2-4 years. and when there is a special F.I.S event on that I can make fun of.

I don't watch much sport, but I do enjoy the Olympics (winter and summer)

But we have very little coverage of the winter olympics because of low representation I guess. I still have to wait about 6 hours to see today's coverage :confused2

I was just watching the Tigers and Razorbacks basketball game at the Vodafone arena and that Gold medal win was such an important event that it was announced during the game!

go Aussies!

Originally posted by Filòs
The Chinese athlete was pushing at and grabbing the guy in first place, an American, causing them both to fall. That pair's fall caused everyone else, except bradbury (He was too far behind), to fall.

ROTFLMAO That cracked me up!

Yea...that Aussie was so embarrased on the podium..he was shaking his head, not wanting to be there...it was funny. Glad that Canadian won bronze after a race like that...man that's a crazy sport. And the Women's hockey game was 11-0 for Canada against Sweeden. However, Sweeden won 5-2 to the mens team yesterday....arg...But the women's team has 25 goals for, 0 against, in 3 games. That is quite amazing. Now if only they can beat the Americans in the final....

Yeah, doesn't "oi" or "oy" or however you want to spell it just mean like, 'Hey!!' ....

I use it when I want someone's attention in public :D.

Back