• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Are you old enough to drive?

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
Hi,

I'm taking my test one last time hopefully. I've taken it twice before but failed both times *embarrassed*.

If you've taken the test and passed got any tips for me that you would've done different? This is for the written test. I am going to take the test again either this week or next. Hope your tips help me to pass this time as where I live in the boonies I really really need my L!

Thanks

Driving is overrated, but if at first you don't suceed, try and try again! Just study the books, relax, and you'll do fine. As for the driving test, move to Toronto and you'll learn how to drive like a real man!

Last edited:
Driving is a lot of fun. When I originally got my license, I failed the eyesight test of all things, haha. Luckily, they let me try again and this time i passed.

Anyway, just study study and study. Know the book, and relax. Every state's test is different, so can't really help you out there, just releax and know your stuff and you should have no problems.

Driving is like everything else, fun the first time, but the more you do it the more boring it gets. And indeed, if you wanna learn how to drive for real, come to Yonge St. Toronto.

I'm old enough to learn to drive, got my Ls December last year.

On another note... how could you fail a driving test? :x

stuffradio said:
Hi,

I'm taking my test one last time hopefully. I've taken it twice before but failed both times *embarrassed*.

If you've taken the test and passed got any tips for me that you would've done different? This is for the written test. I am going to take the test again either this week or next. Hope your tips help me to pass this time as where I live in the boonies I really really need my L!

Thanks

I past my test a few years back, I drive a car & a motobike (hot days only), the best tips I could give you are:

Q: Do you yield when a blind pedestrian is crossing the road?
A: What for? He can't see my license plate. :lol:

Q: Who has the right of way when four cars approach a four-way stop at the same time?
A: The pick up truck with the gun rack and the bumper sticker saying, "Guns don't kill people. I do."

Q: When driving through fog, what should you use?
A: Your car.

Q: How can you reduce the possibility of having an accident?
A: Be too drunk to find your keys.

Q: What problems would you face if you were arrested for drunk driving?
A: I'd probably lose my buzz a lot faster.

Q: What changes would occur in your lifestyle if you could no longer drive lawfully?
A: I would be forced to drive unlawfully.

Q: What are some points to remember when passing or being passed?
A: Make eye contact and wave "hello" if she is cute. <<< THATS THE BEST TIP!

Q: What is the difference between a flashing red traffic light and a flashing yellow traffic light?
A: The color.

Q: How do you deal with heavy traffic?
A: Heavy psychedelics.

Q: What can you do to help ease a heavy traffic problem?
A: Carry loaded weapons.

Goodluck :p

Hey.

I passed my test first time.

Just relax as mentioned before. After a few days of driving, you will get confident and enjoy it more. Make sure and do not get too confident though. That's what causes so many deaths on the roads these days.
Stick with the rules and you will do fine.

I was 1 day short form my 6 month wait time to get my license, but nobody told me that. So I took the driving test with the tester, passed it, and did all the paper work. So I was the final step, getting my picture taken, and the system wouldn't 'take' my information because I was 1 day shy of the 6 months!

Had to go back the next day, RETAKE all driving exam and the eye test, etc and was able to get my license. That was 7 years ago!

i passed first time!

just take her easy be clam. dont over think. take her as she comes. and ull be sweet.

I am old enough, but don't have the money or the need to drive yet. In my experience, people who go into the test with 'I'll never do this, I'll fail' or 'oh my god, somebody help me' attitudes usually fail ;)

I took the theory test for my permit 3 months ago. I passed. My tip for the theory test would be to read the driving manual!
I'll be able to get take the license test in 3 months, when I've had my permit for 6 months and I'll be 16 by then. I'm also getting in lots of practice!

Who drinks legally nowadays? Come on.

And a beer bong for the lady?
-- No.
Totally cool, no peer pressure.

Points for the person who can name that movie. And don't go Googling, you cheaters.

Robert said:
Had to go back the next day, RETAKE all driving exam and the eye test, etc and was able to get my license. That was 7 years ago!

Interesting. Here in Quebec, you have to make an appointment, and if you fail, you're next appointment will be in a minimum of a month's away. You'll be lucky if you can redo it in two months time.

Daniel said:
Interesting. Here in Quebec, you have to make an appointment, and if you fail, you're next appointment will be in a minimum of a month's away. You'll be lucky if you can redo it in two months time.

Technically, I didn't fail. The system wouldn't allow the employee to update the system so I was able to obtain my license. So to the system, I never showed up that day. Had I failed, then it'd go in as a "failed attempt", then again, seeing how I wasn't even able to get my license, I don't think they could have updated it saying I failed (since I was 1 day shy of the 6 months).

But I believe if one was to fail the test (in Florida at least), they would have to wait 2 weeks before they can retake it.

Craig, thanks for the laugh. those are some good ones.

I got my licnese a few years back when i turned 18. passed the first time, and loved driving. now i hate it. sucks. no one knows how to drive. and god for bid these d@mn photo radar camers, and now they have them on the free way in AZ. people friv elike 5-10 UNDER the speed limit now. driving is still fun when you can actually get on an open road and just cruise with noone in the way, otherwise it sucks.

Back