• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Apple iPad

It's a big toy, it only makes you show it off to your friends but lacks many things that can make it better than a netbook for example.

I think Apple really hates Flash, and that may not be a bad thing. The only valid use of Flash I've seen is chat rooms. I can skip flash ads and flash games are past their prime.

Apple may need a "Placeholder product" which I believe is a SERIOUSLY under-rated business need. Like your KillerTech is 2 years out, you gotta to SomethingAnything. So hell, boost the screen and call it a tablet.

Someone said they were fragile. I also hate the Non-USBness. But as a "form-factor" if you made it solid-state and super-durable so you can throw it around, and take off a little of the artificial restrictions, there's a market for throw-about web devices.

I heard the missing flash support is a marketing thing - good for the next update and everybody has to buy another ipad LOL

Apple does not plan to ever add Flash to their products and rightfully so. Flash is clunky and it is not a standard (ironic coming from Apple, but anyway...). HTML 5 provides support for Web video, which is good enough for me.

For the record, I have an iPhone and plan to buy an iPad as well. It will be a great productivity tool for me.

from what i see, Apple is planning to enter the sanitary pad industry.
but too bad, iPad does not suck water or blood, this makes them fail in the sanitary pad industry as well
lol

I really want to get the ipad. But i am a person who always gets the first latest technology and then there comes updates, and better technology so i miss out on the new stuff. But knowing apple, i am sure they will update it just like they did with the ipod touch. But i am sure it wont be soon after the release. Also if they do update it you can get the updates. The software ones, that is. But the hardware, probably not. So if the ipad is missing a hardware function that you want in a tablet and it is likely they will upgrade the ipad with the hardware you would like (like if it didn't have a webcam) then you should wait.

I really want to get the ipad. But i am a person who always gets the first latest technology and then there comes updates, and better technology so i miss out on the new stuff. But knowing apple, i am sure they will update it just like they did with the ipod touch. But i am sure it wont be soon after the release. Also if they do update it you can get the updates. The software ones, that is. But the hardware, probably not. So if the ipad is missing a hardware function that you want in a tablet and it is likely they will upgrade the ipad with the hardware you would like (like if it didn't have a webcam) then you should wait.

but the current price is too expensive for lack of all these things.
:)

i could have sworn i already posted in this thread. :S anyways, iPad is nothing more than an oversized iTouch and IMO a complete waste of money.

For me its a wast of money but the big thing that dose it for me is not supporting flash even when adobe bring support to the flash player for smart phones.

Big mistake by apple saying they will not support it. Have no idea what apple problem is with supporting it but its there loss.

Back