• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Appauling Member Behavior

[ih]Demetris

Ok there is a issue that concerns me deeply about this forum. I havent been around for very long but for the short tenure that i have been here one issue that i see remains a constant. From my understanding FWS is suppose to be a place where all can visit exchange their knowledge and ideas as well as products. But lately this just doesnt seem to be the case.Members are attacking members on a daily basis with posts snide comments and essentially rude behavior.

The insults that are passed from one member to another the accusation flying in the air and members being spoken of like they where scum on the bottom of someones shoe. This is absolutely appauling that members would behave in such a way. One thing that we tend to overlook is that you are here on behalf of your company or personal interest. Would you want a post on FWS to determine the image of your company or personal self? We havent even stooped as low as insulting members of this community for their language skills, and to me thats pretty low. If i where a potential customer and i logged into a site to do some shopping for a product and the majority of vendors are throwing insults and disrespecting one another i wouldnt purchase anything from them. Why you ask because alot of consumers think..hmm if this is how they interact with their colleagues how will they treat me?

Being in business means competition whether it be a large corporation or small privately held business. If another provider can meet or exceed the customers need then more power to them we shouldnt get angry, hateful, rude, or disrespectful. Basically what i am saying is that maybe we as a community should take a step back and look at how we treat our fellow members and be mindful of what we say as it may come back to bite you in the end. I didnt start this thread to be inflamatory in manner just wanted to see what others thought about the behaviour that is being displayed at FWS.

Regards,

Demetris

Last edited:
XSIS my friend, your frustration is coming across in your post. But is there a specific incident you are feeling so bitter about? It'd be also a lot easier to read in paragraphs. :D

Last edited:
LOL sorry about that guys i did edit the post to make it a bit more legible. James, there are numerous posts that could be pointed out that displays the type of behavior i am speaking of. I didnt list any in order to keep the discussion civil, without any member feeling like him/her where being pointed out.

Thanks, I read it again in full without falling off my chair. :D

I say just think about it really simply.

If somebody is thrashing you/your services in an offer/advertising thread you posted, that is against the rules. You can report ad trashing posts and I'm sure it will be dealt with immediately by a moderator.

If it's in other discussion forums, you can still report offensive posts but sometimes the posts are just plain "annoying" nothing more, it's not enough to have it deleted. (I know, I know :D )

In my experience here though, members who are consistantly insulting and annoying other members regularly, somehow end up getting themselves banned. Just make sure you are not one of them yourself and change your attitude to a positive one, as soon as you find yourself in any negative situation.

I agree with Demetris. There are some very imature/rude members here on FWS. I think the forum staff should do something about it. Maybe make a rule to not allow attacking of other forum members. maybe give them 2 warnings, and then a temporary ban if their bad behavior persists.

I feel it is not a good thing for a forum to allow member bashing. If you disagree with a member or know more than they do about a certain topic you can do so respectfully. It all comes down to respect I guess. Some members on here have no respect for other members.

I seen a new member make his first post yesterday and was attacked instantly by another member. That's not right.

If you disagree with a member or know more than they do about a certain topic you can do so respectfully.....
I seen a new member make his first post yesterday and was attacked instantly by another member. That's not right.

Agreed very much on those two points. :cool2:

To my knowledge this forum does have rules in place that prevent the bashing of other forum members. However, they mods/admins can't know of every little incident unless someone reports it.

I know people of all ages come on this forum, from pre teens, to adults, and beyond.

However, if your going to be on a public forum such as this one, then you need to grow up and act civil and respectful.

If you have something bad to say about someone, then report it to a mod or take it up with that individual privately.

Wow...I am sounding like a moderator lol. Sorry guys.

There is already a "Rude and disruptive" infraction we can give out. Two of those and you're out.

You would of got a PM about it and it would show up in your UserCP.
You currently have none.

Yup, tut tut tut, privacy, am very disappointed.

No your not :evilb:

It forms part of the rep system that gets slated a lot recently too, some members (including myself) can get heated in a discussion, why not have the name-and-shame section for the most reported, worst request of the week sort of (moderated) section :lol:

Can you guys stop flirting? Scotsman & co, dancing bitches isn't exactly what I had in mind whilst checking my mail :D

Dear James,

Decker has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Appauling Member Behavior - in the General Discussions forum of FreeWebspace.net Community.

This thread is located at:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2186237&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by Craig)---
Decker can read my mind, lets ''Name & Shame'' him :evilb:
---End Quote---

Go on then :lol:

CRAIG's 3 times ladies
---Quote---
:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: << My dancing bitches.
---End Quote---

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
FreeWebspace.net Community

I agree with the OP.

There was a member joined yesterday who got flamed terribly. Also, I saw a post today where a guy was looking for a free shoutcast and because he spelt sponsor wrong, he was blasted.
I am not a good speller either and the Irish spell things differently from those in say America. Thankfully I have not been attacked for it YET!

When people post something and spell something wrong, it doesn't mean they are a kid or a fool either. It could be a typo or just someone like myself who has a spelling issue.

I am personally getting sick of the rude a/holes here on FWS and to be honest I am contemplating on just posting my ads once a week and leaving again because I don't want to be part of a community that is prejudice towards someone's language, race or education.

I disagree completely, I think when I first came here almost two years ago, there was a real issue with trashing people. It seems that all the elite members trashed everyone who wasn't up to their rank. Now it seems like everyone gets along in harmony, it's a much better way.

Back