• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

aon servers... the worst hosting ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
see evey host has to revert with ads because you the free user does not want to help out with costs if you maybe helped out with the cost then you probably wouldn't have to have ads on your site or their site for that matter. also i was with them a while back and i thought they were great!

I don't know if you were referring to me at all, but I'd have to say I agree with you a little. In free hosting, ads and post2host are very much important. I'm not going to criticize AON for their placement of ADS.

see evey host has to revert with ads because you the free user does not want to help out with costs if you maybe helped out with the cost then you probably wouldn't have to have ads on your site or their site for that matter. also i was with them a while back and i thought they were great!

I don't know if you were referring to me at all, but I'd have to say I agree with you a little. In free hosting, ads and post2host are very much important. I'm not going to criticize AON for their placement of ADS.

nah i wasn't quoting you i was just saying in general

If the user is expected to help out with the cost of a server then the service isn't free, it's the hosts responsability to make sure the bills are paid, and no one elses ....

My favourite part was when he didn't know who "spanky" was .... as if you would forget the name "spanky" ....
Even I still remember "spanky" from the old CyberKit forums... if my memory serves me right, they are the same person. But even if I'm wrong, how can he forget his own staff? Furthermore, "spanky" is a name that will make people remember him.

Not user exactly what you are referring to here. AONServers, of course, has to pay for their service. They offer (or claim to offer, at least) paid and free services. It is AONServer's job to ensure their payment is paid. It is their paying customer's job to make sure their payments are paid. The free users don't have that responsibility.

AONServers had the first month free with me and I had to terminate them before their first payment. As far as I know, AONServers never missed a payment. I have no idea about their paying customers.

If the user is expected to help out with the cost of a server then the service isn't free, it's the hosts responsability to make sure the bills are paid, and no one elses ....

Even choosing the name 'spanky' would raise other questions LOL, so your both right - how can you forget that one!

spanking.gif

Confirmed: Tim just left AON.

MicGoogle supposively coming back monday the 13th of this month to fix this mess who knows.

I hope he doesn't fix it either.

AONServers - Update from Owner

Hello fellow FWS members,

Hello everyone, now sorry to those who were confused, we weren't kicked off or abandoned or shutdown because of bills not paid.

I had thought this discussion ended on WHT, but seems like confused and baffled members from 2 years of AONServers just started saying things that never happened. (Note: I'm not referring to Jerry do not mistaken me) Though i've been lately trying to contact Jerry to which he ignores all ims/emails.

For the better i'll tell you my part of the story as it is fair to for all to hear both sides of the story and decide for your self which is deemed truthful and i'm sorry people who weren't even involved or knows nothing about it came to be a part of it at all.

I don't wish to make this thread 10 pages, but if you have specific questions you'd like to ask SPECIFICALLY to me, jerry just ask below instead of posting insults like "YOUR HOSTING SUCKS" etc. which only makes thread longer and it really is not the professional way to express your feelings.

On july 23rd, i personally, as me my self, went on vacation secured my hosting in the management team of BuyAVPS, who had agreed to manage the hosting while i was away.

So i come back on August 13th, and vallowa, it read BuyAVPS went out of business, and was taken over by AxisHost, pretty understandable story there,
so AxisHost charged me $67 as my invoice was due the 13th (before BuyaVPS charged me $59 and had offered me such a greater spec), and AxisHost had migrated my data.

I decided they weren't my best choice (because of price and low specs) and decided to move to another network, whereupon they believed i should pay them first, and i declined and so it went back and forth for a week.

Prior to this period, when shortly after BuyAVPS went down, Jerry kindly offered to host us and so we had agreed, but we weren't allowed to host because of music uploaded by Spanky which were deemed illegal, pretty understandable, and because a site by the name of nationwide.com was hosted on the network. I thank jerry for his support, but AxisHost owned the server which Jerry owned so it was reasonable for them to step in at that time and deny the hosting because of files they felt were deemed illegal or inappropriate.

Now back to the current story, so after a week one of the staff of AxisHost said he'd be happy to give me a tarball backup, which i accepted to, but later was declined by their owner Tina, who believed because there was illegal accounts, it shouldn't be allowed. So i said ok thats fair, delete or hold back those accounts you wish but let me move the rest of the data even if it meant that i should pay the $67

Several few days went by.... i asked Jerry who had helped me out prior, if there was any phone # which to contact, and he had this it was private, so i said ok thats fine, but he had told Tina i was harrasing him, so i stopped no point to talk to someone who felt harrased by that.

Then Tina couldn't take it anymore and finally said "I'm going to delete the data and thats going to be the end of it"

I persistedly contacted her asking for any more info and to see if there was any way in which it can be successfully solved for both sides, for her she believed she had the end of it, so she had deleted it..

We quickly contacted the paid hosters via phone, or email to those who didn't want phone contact, and assured them their payment would be deemed for a 2 months free when network comes back up, and we are currently keeping contact with them.

Next i wish to say, Blaster....
"Blaster" or his internet nickname was a former forum staff and even a admin on the forum, but then demoted to a user after he had quarrels with another user and attempted to delete his post # and all sorts of such things, for which he became quite mad, and he demanded afterwords for such a long time to give him a Retired Staff badge to which we finally did...
So it makes for him to say such things as this, as he really really really really had attempted by means of IM/Phone/Email all he can to see if he can become a "Co-Owner"
Why do i think this. Well its simple. The staff is immature. They have ads all over the place on this site. The plans arn't even that good. They put ads on your site. They deny most of the hostings anyway. There support is horrible and they don't even know what they are talking about most of the time. They are pretty uneducated in the field of web hosting.

So all in all there hosting is poor. I wouldn't use them if i where you.
"Spanky" or Ryan his name is our tech and hes called onto secure operations in which things break, php etc.However after the incidents that occured, I'll have to re-think his position after I was told several times by those who read the stories to remove him.

"Tim" is one of our investors, and he has been funding us for the time being he helped us. However after the incidents that occured, I'll have to re-think his position after I was told several times by those who read the stories to remove him.

"Jerry" was a nice fellow who tried to help us out, and we appreciate he did reply on the forums, though we kept phone contact with the paid clients, and free clients we had told previously to maintain all backups. He later felt harrased when we asked info on AxisHost and his help.

------------=The Future=-------------------
So the question at hand is, are we being shutdown?
No we're not shutting down, we're sorry for those who were not even part of our hosting and felt sooo horribly hurt at heart, we sympathize with you, but rest assured we're being re-launched.
I'll be soon hiring staff as support and sales etc. if anyone is interested on that, feel free to contact me
After reading the debated topic on WHT, several WHT top members contacted me via im and others means and told me how they understood the situation and debating with big business is no use, and have agreed to help me out.

Small business vs. Big Business.. no chance

Backup of the main account is in my hands at the moment, and will be used to restore the network, we're most likely going to end free hosting to the public as a whole and select few individuals from specific interest and need as before we had allowed a large whole number of people to apply and get in which caused the troubles such as the fake "nationwide.com".

I guess, if i hadn't gone on that vacation, it wouldn't have happened, never the less.. and to those who are curious we never missed a payment and the controversy really begun after AxisHost lost its patience because it couldn't tolerate me just moving out of its network but rather paying $67, but later i'd agreed to but the took it upon their hands to do what they wish.

Last edited:
Confirmed: Tim just left AON.

MicGoogle supposively coming back monday the 13th of this month to fix this mess who knows.

I hope he doesn't fix it either.
That was written by Jerry on August 12th, which of course is false, as I've never had given authorization to confirm such a thing.

To reply to Jerry's second statement, Yes i've come back and am solving all problems at the moment, this is what's current at the moment.

Tim's status: No longer affiliated with AONServers.
If he says otherwise, this is to be ignored.

Ryan (Spanky)'s Status: No longer affiliated with AONServers.
If he says otherwise, this is to be ignored.

Jerry's Position: He is and never was affilated with AONServers, and therefore such statements like this:
Yes, i should have asked for proof of a lot of things - including proof of teamspeak license.
is not necessary, as he is/never was hired for any sort of investigation, he tried to help us for 2 weeks and left, and now starts badmouthing us and goes off in a tangent as though he had known us for years and years, and talks of lies etc.

But let me ask this, What's this position and role between something that happened between AxisHost and AONServers, is he a middle man or a critique? As far as i know he never intervened on behalf of us and never worked with us, and to me I don't know this fellower, so please excuse me but i don't understand why he is badmouthing and so forth.

I believe AONServers is very bad
Why you've talked with staff and argued and questioned them for 2 weeks.. when i proceeded to ask you questions, you yelled "harrasement".

I was told AONServers is a legal business
Please if you have found us ripping off or stealing someone's money or attempting credit card fraud, notify us.. and when is/was hosting illegal?

I hope AONServers doesn't get started back up again, it'd be terrible.
Again your someone that ran into us and say things because you've felt you can take advantage of the situation. Please next time stay out of something that is not your business.

Again we're terribly sorry for the inconvience and troubles this has caused, and will be looking for new respected members of FWS or WHT as staff.

Next i wish to say, Blaster....
"Blaster" or his internet nickname was a former forum staff and even a admin on the forum, but then demoted to a user after he had quarrels with another user and attempted to delete his post # and all sorts of such things, for which he became quite mad, and he demanded afterwords for such a long time to give him a Retired Staff badge to which we finally did...
So it makes for him to say such things as this, as he really really really really had attempted by means of IM/Phone/Email all he can to see if he can become a "Co-Owner"
Quote:
Why do i think this. Well its simple. The staff is immature. They have ads all over the place on this site. The plans arn't even that good. They put ads on your site. They deny most of the hostings anyway. There support is horrible and they don't even know what they are talking about most of the time. They are pretty uneducated in the field of web hosting.
So all in all there hosting is poor. I wouldn't use them if i where you.

This makes me worry a little, Ive had this kind of dealings before! with some-one I will not name but is an active member here on FWS

A bit on blaster, nothing but the truth, and it can be backed up by hosts that used to have him on their staff list as well.

Personally i have nothing against the fellow, even after he opened the "Aonservers worst hosting topic" in 2006, which i could understand after he was very mad we felt he didn't need root logins etc., but then after our company had experienced major troubles with axishost, he goes and replies to the year old topic and brings it back to life and gets it up couple of pages long with bashings...

he starts off by saying "Oh look it seems they got kicked off".. and the rest is history and can be understood by every host if you were in that situation.

So when blaster first started, he was a active fellow about late 2005 on our forums, which had boomed to 18,000 posts, and he had applied to become a mod, and we accepted him being a active member.

We had asked him if he had any previous hosts or any experience, he said he had a friend at Liberty-Host (back then a competitor free host) and I'm not sure if he was a staff there or not, but he had issues with a user there, and for some reason really really didn't like him.

Nevertheless by chance that user signed up on our forum, and he did tell us the same thing and repetitively via im and other means told me he was being threatened of his hosting and other things by blaster, and blaster only responded to tell me "he has caused trouble in liberty-host and should be terminated" and proceeded to do alot of things regarding his posts (deleting etc.) That user left the forum but his posts were still there and i had not allowed Blaster to delete them.

Then time passed and Blaster asked me for administration via WHM, and I allowed him thinking i had earned his trust, WRONG, the first thing he did was try to replace my phpbb with SMF without my permission, it became more than telling me what to do, it was as if he was ordering me around saying "No we are moving to SMF, its better", but I let that go, but other problems arose in the leadership in which many times he tried to do things without anyone's permission, and i felt the need to remove him from admin, then later mod, and then later banned him...

Since then he has tried to do many things to damage my company and saw his opportunity to do so..

Final note: This is not only some of the cases, I know for a fact he "works" for several hosts and had issues with them, a while back when he used to be with us, i had a list of the forums and sites he owned that he had "issues" with the owner or the admin, if i find it i'll be sure to drop it by

I was told AONServers is a legal business
Please if you have found us ripping off or stealing someone's money or attempting credit card fraud, notify us.. and when is/was hosting illegal?

Being a legal business means registering your company, paying taxes, and that sort of thing. Just because you do not rip someone off does not make you a legal business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back