• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anzac Day

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Raise a glass today to all those who faught and died to make Australia the great country it is. "At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them. Lest We Forget".

What saddens me even more is that our country is willing to create yet another generation of Corps in the Iraq War and War in Afghanistan.

Yeah it is tough. But it's politics.
Seeing some recorded interviews from Vets the other day is a real eye opener. In WW2 and the Vietnam War, the troops were there to fight for the freedom of their country and to make Australia the great country it is. These days, they are sent to fight another man's war. It's very wrong.
It was the same after the 9/11 attacks when the US were bombing Bagdad etc. The Irish forces allowed the US fighters to refuel at Shannon Airport in Ireland. Now, although we were all behind the Americans at that time, the Irish Government still got involved and put Ireland at risk, despite Ireland maintaining neutrality.

These days, they are sent to fight another man's war. It's very wrong.

It's so easy for people to just cop out with the "it's America's war" nonsense. It's a ridiculous statement.

Now I'm not going to sit here and get into some lengthy debate over what was or wasn't done wrong in this whole miserable process of war because it's war. It's not some idealistic hug-fest. Of course it has been terrible.

Nor do I wish to dive into some discussion of the weights associated with the various motivations for the war. You can tell me the war was partially or primarily about oil all you want and I wont chime in, as I think there were multiple motivations and it's open for debate. However, if you try to say that it had absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, I will raise my B.S. flag.

One last point before I start: I know innocent people die in war. Please don't feel the need to "educate me" on how retaliation just leads to more and more bodies. I hate this argument. Seriously, what kind of people - in any nation - are going to stand behind their own country if it gets attacked and they say "well, we're just gonna beef up security for the future, but other than that, we're pretty much gonna do nothing about those dead mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends and lovers you all lost". Wake up already.

I just want to throw out a scenario for you to think about. What if there was no America. The rest of the world was just as it is now, but no United States. Gone. A theoretical Canadian/Mexican ocean in its place.

Who would religious extremists focus their hate on then?

It absolutely amazes me that Australians, Canadians, Europeans and people from other countries take this opinion that America just totally brought all of this on ourselves. Ok, so the United States is extravagant and excessive in many ways that make it stand out. Target number one, I get it.

But go back to my scenario. No United States. Doesn't Australia have legalized prostitution? Can't you live a secular lifestyle in England? Aren't women allowed to show ... :eek2: ... CLEAVAGE in Canada?!?! I bet those religious extremists would just give all of these countries hall passes because they aren't the United States of America.... Right?

When will people understand that these psychotic fanatics didn't just declare war on one specific country?

When will people understand that these psychotic fanatics didn't just declare war on one specific country?
Yep, australia sure has had a large number of attacks from these people your country is fighting............... :|
Doesn't Australia have legalized prostitution?
Yep and it sure does beat having streets full of pros and pimps with guns.
It absolutely amazes me that Australians, Canadians, Europeans and people from other countries take this opinion that America just totally brought all of this on ourselves.
I don't really think anyone deserves to have a 9/11 and I fully agree with the US standing up for itsself but why do we need to???
Lets face it iraq never stood a chance anyway against the USA.

I am sick of your country creating global arguments with large countries like Russia, China and so forth over little petty things that the BIG USA disagrees with.

It is actually happening all over the world.. People are forgetting the leaders who have given their life and done lot of compromises for freedom. So bad.

I knew that ;) Aussies in general have a great sense of humour.

Even if you weren't joking, we would have taken it as a joke :beer: :auflag:

Apparently not :/ I got 2 -reps. One from Dan and one from Darknight I think.

Back