• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone use Domainsite??

darkcurves

NLC
Anyone here use Domainsite? How the hell can i register my nameservers? Their support really sucks. They were suppose to reply in 24 hours but it has alread been 30 hours. Here's some advice, dont go with Domainsite.

I use them, I like their system..

You click on the domain you want to edit, then click on Edit Nameservers... Remove the current ones and add the new ones.

You can do IP pointing, but if you didn't pay the extra $1 or something for DNS tools, then I don't think you can.

Reading over their FAQ:

We must register your name servers with the central registry. If you need us to do so, please call or email us with the following information:1. Your domain name2. The names of your servers3. The IP addresses of these serversWith this information, we can register your name servers and add them to your account. Your name server change will take anywhere from 24 to 72 hours to propagate throughout the Internet.

Guess you gotta email them to do it.

Next time use an enom reseller or opensrs reseller because they allow you to create your own dns instantly. Been using opensrs reseller for a long time. Their system is great. I recommend 000domains.com

I use them , they are cool and reliable . You don't need to do nothing , I have my nameservers for free , you must point them , look carefully your control panel , the right option is infront of your eyes.

noa is right, they are cool and reliable... You might have got the $6.99 basic domain rather than the $7.99 full service domain, which is the only reason I can think you are having a problem.

I got a free .info from them and I have nameservers ... I like a lot domainsite coz has real time dns propagation and the control panel is strong and easy .

The option in the control panel in order to have your nameservers is called "register a name server" , so click there , the system will ask you a name and an IP , for example put ns1.yourdomain.com and xx.x.xxx.x . The IP must be a nameserver that exists . Domainsite doesn't provide free private nameservers .

Good luck

i believe you have to buy the extra DNS tools for 1 $ but i've used them and they were really nice to me and i like their service too

Somehow, I got the DNS tools, and been asking for help on registering nameservers months ago at DomainSite. They told me to do this and this, but it doesn't work. Tried to register the NS, but it failed. Since I'm back to free hosting, I see no use.

Back