• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone Else Buy a Wii?

Nick

NLC
Curious to see if anyone else here went out and bought one? I was bored Saturday morning, so I went to Walmart and decided to get in line when I saw a few people standing there. Ended up calling up a couple friends, then had my girlfriend bring me lunch and the next thing you know it was 12:20 and I was walking out of the store with a Wii, Zelda, extra controller and attachment.

I did miss out on all the college football, which sucked, but I have had a blast playing Wii Sports especially with friends and even my girlfriend has got into it. Can't wait until I have time to get into Zelda, all I've done is run around a little so far.

Funniest thing so far is that the people who waited twice as long as I did (they started the line the previous night at midnight) bought three, thought they were going to sell the consoles for around a thousand a piece on eBay. While they are going for markup on eBay, it's hardly that much and with Nintendo shipping more units in a second launch before Christmas I don't see where there will be a big enough shortage to benefit from trying to scam some people on eBay.

So anyone else get one?

I think it looks wonderful, but I never had high expectations and I don't really fall into the whole "OMG can't see da sweat dripping off Link's chin when he's runnin, WTF Wii sux for graphix so it must suk period" group. Sure, it doesn't look like my Xbox 360, but I don't compare it to Xbox 360 or PlayStation3 because I wasn't expecting it to compete with them [graphically].

The only thing that bugs me is that Nintendo opted for text blurbs for conversations in the game. Voice acting really helps a game, even if it isn't the greatest (FFX). Reading text blurbs for a conversation is seems like it completely defeats the purpose of playing a video game these days. It almost makes me feel like I should roll a dice and move my player four squares to the left.

I'm getting mine Friday.

Zelda never, ever, had any voice acting. Why change what isn't really broken? It's more like Nintendo want people to imagine what Link, Zelda, etc. sound like, instead of choosing some random actor.

Zelda never, ever, had any voice acting. Why change what isn't really broken? It's more like Nintendo want people to imagine what Link, Zelda, etc. sound like, instead of choosing some random actor.

I know it never had it before, but I think that the production values on games have reached such a level in the industry that voice acting should be expected. I can see where imagining the voices allows people to each have their own idea of what the characters sound like, but I don't really see that to be a big enough plus to skip using voice actors.

It looks cool, much better then the 360 and playstation..
How much does it cost? and how much do games cost?

Because it's not HD, yet the idea is amazing. It's aimed at younger gamers, so i'm after it. I have a 360 too though.

why younger gamers? More gamers that have other things to use there money on.. How much will the games cost?

If i get it, I'll be playing it on my PC, so doesn't matter that it cant do HD..

Last edited:
Sony & Microsoft are forgetting the main point in a games console.. the games. Sure, fancy features are nice, but games are most important.

That's why I think that the Wii will win the console war.

Thats really true.. I loved playing the good old nintendo 64. Those games where great! I can see you can download them with the Wii :D

I'm really thinking of buying one..

Because it's cheap, and active?

How many 12yr olds can save up £425? Or get that for their birthday, then pay another £55 a game?

Wii games will be around £35-40, so the same price as they are now.

Because it's cheap, and active?

How many 12yr olds can save up £425? Or get that for their birthday, then pay another £55 a game?

Wii games will be around £35-40, so the same price as they are now.

hmm.. not sure.. I cant use that much money on that kind of thing because i use it on: Cloths, CDs and that kind of stuff.. Where younger kids don't use it on that much other stuff..

I don't agree with the point that Sony and Microsoft are forgetting about the games. I have played a PS3 and tested it's SIXAXIS controller and the idea is very similar to the Wii. In my own opinion, graphics are a very important part of any game and the Wii just does not do it for me.

I believe that out of all the consoles the PS3 will come out on top, simply because it is more than a games console. Head over to YouTube and you will see videos of Fedora being installed and used on the PS3. The consoles appeal to different audiences, I am part of the PS3 audience.

Back