• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any body interested?

EW-Andy

Hello,

I'm thinking to make a billing system, is there any body interested doing same with me. Just like WHMCS;)

Just PM or reply here.

A lot of people would be interested. It's just a lot of people now prefer WHMCS as it's well supported and I think it's the best billing/support system for web hosting businesses.

Hello,

I'm thinking to make a billing system, is there any body interested doing same with me. Just like WHMCS;)

Just PM or reply here.
Trust me, your not going to overtake a script like that in the market share. There's no point. It's ALOT of work and dependency when making a script like that.

Trust me, your not going to overtake a script like that in the market share. There's no point. It's ALOT of work and dependency when making a script like that.

I don't know why you guys are so pessimistic. If you're doing some thing nice (better than your competitors, thats what I'm thinking to) then you will have a chance to be successful.

I know it'll take time, but I thought to start working on it now before it'd be too late.

Trust me, any thing can be done if you have passion to do that. You never know what's going to happen so you can't make any statements.

You enver answered my question, and I am not being negative or critical. I would just like to know how exactly it will be better than others?

I'll post it as soon as I get the team for this project.

The key features would be:

Looks (I'll make some different templates for the billing system)
Easily Customizable
Enhanced Stats at Client Area

And some hidden features that I've planned to add:D

You would be able to see them as soon as the first final version of the system will be launched:)

I don't know why you guys are so pessimistic. If you're doing some thing nice (better than your competitors, thats what I'm thinking to) then you will have a chance to be successful.

I know it'll take time, but I thought to start working on it now before it'd be too late.

Trust me, any thing can be done if you have passion to do that. You never know what's going to happen so you can't make any statements.
I'm being like that because if you didn't notice, I've wrote one myself. I know exactly the amount of work since I've been in this area for around a year and a half.

The passion is one thing, the team is another. The knowledge and time is another.

I'm being not being pessimistic, I'm being honest.

I'm being like that because if you didn't notice, I've wrote one myself. I know exactly the amount of work since I've been in this area for around a year and a half.

The passion is one thing, the team is another. The knowledge and time is another.

I'm being not being pessimistic, I'm being honest.

The only thing that I'm missing is a team. I know I alone can't do this. I need a team and I'm looking for it:)

What people are picking up on is that there is something very hollow about your posts. Just suppose it would be 100 hours of time each from a 5 member team. Why start this? There's something off key here.

Best of luck with it.
If I had the time I would help but stuck in a project myself.

I got one person interested on it. I'm not in hurry, we'll make team and work on it.
Well you definately seem into it. Best to give you some advice.

In my mind, this is a very important one, I learnt this lesson while making cP Creator. Build a system that can handle every request and will let you expand into further things. Don't build it strict, make everything dynamic. This means, servers, package signups, folder directories. Very important. Just make sure this is secure.

Also, at the start, dont aim to high, too much in one release can make the script crumble. It's best to make the script, release it public and test it, only then in a live environment will you see its flaws. Then fix them and build the features ontop of those.

Once this is carried out, the script will become more extended and flowing. Everything will make sense, features will be easier to make.

My 2cents.

Well you definately seem into it. Best to give you some advice.

In my mind, this is a very important one, I learnt this lesson while making cP Creator. Build a system that can handle every request and will let you expand into further things. Don't build it strict, make everything dynamic. This means, servers, package signups, folder directories. Very important. Just make sure this is secure.

Also, at the start, dont aim to high, too much in one release can make the script crumble. It's best to make the script, release it public and test it, only then in a live environment will you see its flaws. Then fix them and build the features ontop of those.

Once this is carried out, the script will become more extended and flowing. Everything will make sense, features will be easier to make.

My 2cents.

Thanks for the valuable suggestion. I'll start working on it as soon as I'll have enough team members;)

Don't get too much of a big team together. You don't need them.

All you need is:

1 or two main programmers to write the base script and databases
1 or two designers to design the interface etc (images, layout, css etc)

That's all that is needed in a good team.

Back