• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another review about: Logic-Hosting.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood, but not agreed with. This has nothing to do with being a "big chip" or anyones knowledge in the web hosting industry, try reading my post again.

I wasn't referring to your post. I was on about Decker and Craig and also a few posts I read over the past week or so when a certain member was being attacked at every angle at any opportunity.

I wasn't referring to your post. I was on about Decker and Craig and also a few posts I read over the past week or so when a certain member was being attacked at every angle at any opportunity.

My bad ;) Please ignore me then :p

The armchair experts are at work again. You seem to be assuming everyone knows how much space and bandwidth that is. In reality, millions wouldn't know and they wouldn't know how much they even required for their site. They see a host and sign up.

Do be so harsh on those who don't have your internet smarts.

It's this simple. If you don't have anything constructive to say to a new host or webmaster then just say nothing.
We all have to learn sometime and so did YOU!!!

So just stop trying to be the "Big Chip" in the business and take your heads out of the clouds because someday those clouds will choke you.

I agree and disagree with both of you. Neither of you have said anything constructive to the OP, and yet your criticizing others. Yet I also agree about the learning part. ;) :)

Yasil - unfortunately these things happen. Try posting a request in the "Paid Hosting Offers" and you *should* (*fingers crossed*) get more reliable offers. Try choose a host where the member has been here a while, as there less likely to dissapear.

I hear both Dan and Jan's points, and would have to say that they are in the most part (IMO) valid. However i would go further to say that i actually agree with Richard and Craig's line of thinking : That a certain amount of market research is needed before buying any product (even if its something as mundane as reading the pricing of food - bad food - cheap).

This is especially true of the internet, and while i respect that a customer (infact the vast majority of customers) may not know a suitable price for the service they are purchasing, I also find it hard to believe that logic-host.net (short lived as it was ?) was the first webhost that the customer came to on the whole internet. Infact i find it far more likely that the customer looked through at least one or two other hosts before taking the plunge (like i said, not always the case, hence why Dan and Jan's points are valid), that being the case, the customer will have reviewed several other packages, and should have been able too gain a feel for a sensilble price.

This is where the Richards common sense, and Craig's research, come in :

If a person has a certain amount of common sense (and please note, I am not suggestion the original poster doesn't) he/she should be able to use the results of his earlier search (or his/her research) in order to gage whether a product is worth buying, or whether all is not as it seems.

This is parallel to walking down a shopping line, seeing several of the same prodcut by a range of manufacturers, one for $xxxx, another for high $xxx, and one for $xx. In this scenario common sense would dictate that the lowest price is not the best option, as would the 'research' of the other price tags.

On a whole other note, a great consumer addage is read the fine print. I believe with a little forward thinking the same would apply to the internet, and the customer should read the TOS/AUP/TOU before buying - this might have saved upset down the line.

I hope my post isn't to garbled - i got a bit lost myself while writing it :p

AMC

Last edited:
It's this simple. If you don't have anything constructive to say to a new host or webmaster then just say nothing.

So just stop trying to be the "Big Chip" in the business and take your heads out of the clouds because someday those clouds will choke you.

Don't get your point, the OP was stung for hosting, as was said they paid for the lesson to research first, it's unfortunate when anyone gets hit this way but chosing hosting has a learning curve - but it has to be 'learned'.

Nothing else to say on the subject but to repeat the same and hope it filters out for people to come to places like FWS and ask people with some experience. Nothing to do with a 'Big Chip' , I always associated that term with what someone would have on their shoulder :lol:

Dan, you've changed, your taking this mod stuff & its going to your head, I think you need to take your head out of the clouds.

Anyway, I TOTALLY agree with HS & the others, people SHOULD do there homework on any provider, if they don't & it goes tits up its there own fault, simple as.

Last edited:
Dan, you've changed, your taking this mod stuff & its going to your head, I think you need to take your head out of the clouds.

Anyway, I TOTALLY agree with HS & the others, people SHOULD do there homework on any provider, if they don't & it goes tits up its there own fault, simple as.

How come every time you have a disagreement with me it is always down to me being a Mod.
If it makes you happier, I will ask Jan or Peo to demod me so we can be on the same level.
The Mod position is not gone to my head. Yes, I am grateful to be a Mod here and to be chosen as one. But that has nothing to do with my way of thinking.
My Job here, along with making shure the rules are being followed, is to make sure all members are treated equally by each other. If that means using my advantages of being a Mod then so be it.

How come every time you have a disagreement with me it is always down to me being a Mod.
If it makes you happier, I will ask Jan or Peo to demod me so we can be on the same level.
The Mod position is not gone to my head. Yes, I am grateful to be a Mod here and to be chosen as one. But that has nothing to do with my way of thinking.
My Job here, along with making shure the rules are being followed, is to make sure all members are treated equally by each other. If that means using my advantages of being a Mod then so be it.

Dan, this is the first time I've said anything about you about being a mod, get your facts right.

From what I see your being very aggressive, not only to me but others, you need to cool it otherwise I suggest your mod status is given to someone who can handle these kinds of situations.

I mean, you had a go at me for saying the user never did there homework, whats that all about, have you gone nutty?. You also have a go at Decker when we all know that Decker helps loads of people, god knows why he isn't a mod yet.

Anyway Dan, am not continuing with this, pointless.

Last edited:
As the OP hasn't returned, let's close this up.

Hopefully now that he has been "bitten", he will take more care in future who he chooses as a host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back