• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

androidvps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaoPhoenix

NLC
.info about time

Let's suppose he might have a little latency etc, what's the minimum setup he would need? I really want us to get past his spelling, and the fact that he's down in funds, and let him thrash a little on the knowledge side. It's like we're jamming him up "on the wrong question". It's like maybe AndroidVPS won't work, let him try and find out why, then some next project won't work, and the *third one* after that is promising.

We all agree this he's not running companies. This is more like a science lab. So would a $50 setup shared vps or whatever get him going?

I'm game. What exactly do we need here. At this point, I'd be willing to "spunser" the needed hardware so we can actually see what will happen.

I'm game. What exactly do we need here. At this point, I'd be willing to "spunser" the needed hardware so we can actually see what will happen.

He'll get stuck, so let's see it coming and hold the I Told You So's. Once we switch this from a cut-throat "business competition" to an educational exercise, we can all put our egos away and let him wander around. Besides a Front End Speller, he needs a senior programmer to dig him out of about 1 jam out of 3. (The other two will be just too hard, but he won't know until he finds out X and Y and Z). Like that database error - that's what I want to see him stomp around on. Rough guess some ten folks were slamming him, so let's move on.

So if you feel like being Professor Deeplist, take it away because I don't know what he needs/we think he needs, done budget wise.

He'll get stuck, so let's see it coming and hold the I Told You So's. Once we switch this from a cut-throat "business competition" to an educational exercise, we can all put our egos away and let him wander around. Besides a Front End Speller, he needs a senior programmer to dig him out of about 1 jam out of 3. (The other two will be just too hard, but he won't know until he finds out X and Y and Z). Like that database error - that's what I want to see him stomp around on. Rough guess some ten folks were slamming him, so let's move on.

So if you feel like being Professor Deeplist, take it away because I don't know what he needs/we think he needs, done budget wise.
i need any chep vps: http://burstnet.eu/winvps.shtml
androidvps was almost done when last cancled and now i know how to pull it off :)
its 95% complet
can someone spounser me please?

He's the deal. I will sponsor you a VPS on my hardware.

Xen20 VPS

20 GB Hard Drive
200 GB Bandwidth
512 MB Dedicated RAM
3 Virtual CPUs

This is normally a $20 per month VPS. I will install your choice of OS. You will have this until September 30th to execute your project.

The catch: You have to prove to us (here on FWS) on or before September 30th that this project of yours has some kind of positive growth in one way or another. Should everybody feel the project is moving in a positive direction, I will consider at that point prolonging (or terminating) the sponsorship. Deal?

He's the deal. I will sponsor you a VPS on my hardware.

Xen20 VPS

20 GB Hard Drive
200 GB Bandwidth
512 MB Dedicated RAM
3 Virtual CPUs

This is normally a $20 per month VPS. I will install your choice of OS. You will have this until September 30th to execute your project.

The catch: You have to prove to us (here on FWS) on or before September 30th that this project of yours has some kind of positive growth in one way or another. Should everybody feel the project is moving in a positive direction, I will consider at that point prolonging (or terminating) the sponsorship. Deal?

i will accept i need i way to proof myself thank you

We'll see in 2.5 weeks how this goes. CentOS 5 is being loaded right now.

A few more stipulations:
1) I will not provide support for this since it's sponsored. You will be responsible for administering it yourself.
2) If you ---- it up and need an OS reload. Game over.
3) If September 30 rolls around and you've reported no progress and no growth on this project. It's over.
4) You need to secure the VPS yourself. If it gets hacked because you don't or it gets taken over by script kiddies, it goes offline.

Agreed?

MOD: Since I've decided to go ahead and do this, can we get a thread split of these posts to a discussion forum so it can be kept separate from TLTE? Thanks.

Last edited:
Which project is this being sponsored for? AndroidVPS?

Although the concept itself might be worthwhile, it is likely to be obsoleted very rapidly as cell phones become more powerful.

But the technology involved to make such a thing work should be well worthwhile, as it could be adapted to other purposes.

Alright, his VPS is live and ready to go. Login info has been sent to him. The clock is ticking. Good luck.

I thought this androidVPS was run off his schools net?

Regardless, mwt you cant afford the £5.95/MONTH? I fail to see that you cant scrounge up £5.95 in a month doing whatever. Dont keep saying you cant get a job/paper route/etc as even if you live in a boys home as you claim, they have to have some sort of allowance deal going. If you dont get £5.95 in a month for allowance, then you need to stop sponging off people for these projects you are never going to finish.

I thought this androidVPS was run off his schools net?

Regardless, mwt you cant afford the £5.95/MONTH? I fail to see that you cant scrounge up £5.95 in a month doing whatever. Dont keep saying you cant get a job/paper route/etc as even if you live in a boys home as you claim, they have to have some sort of allowance deal going. If you dont get £5.95 in a month for allowance, then you need to stop sponging off people for these projects you are never going to finish.
its because it will take time to put the servers in school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back