• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AMZWeb.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalgar

I really think AMZWeb should be considered to host your site. They are absolutely the perfect free web host.

Right now, I have 60 mb of web space, a subdomain, 10 email accounts I can give to anyone, and 3 MySQL databases.

You tell me what web host will give you that for free?

The only downside is the forum posts right? Well, their forums are very large. You can easily get the 50 posts for MySQL in a week. I have been in many great discussions there. Its almost as if the web hosting is an added bonus.

Support is EXCELLENT. Really, I wouldn't even expect this good from a paid host. They answer within about 3 minutes, and are extremely helpful and knowledgable. You can bounce scripts off them, they will help ya out, fix them, whatever. They'll install phpBB2 for ya (only forum allowed, although it is great no need for another. if you buy vbulletin, you should have a paid host anyways) and convert any old forums you have to phpBB. Even if support couldn't answer a question (which doesn't happen) you have the whole community to answer your questions. Some very experienced programmers and web developers there.

I love AMZWeb, and I would like to show more people free hostings best kept secret. BTW, my site is very fast, and has NEVER been down. (Been there since May)

http://dbknights.amzweb.net/

Originally posted by Dalgar

I love AMZWeb, and I would like to show more people free hostings best kept secret.

Best-kept secret? Almost everyone on these forums knows about them...:confused2

The poor shmoe has spent tens of hours fulfilling amz's requirements...and will spend tens of hours more maintaining it. This has got to be one of the lamest hosts out there. They delete your posts as soon as you make them making it highly unlikely you'll ever reach a mere ten to get an initial site. When I'm bored, I go into their dumb forum and try to find something intelligent to comment on (not counted) or start an interesting topic (not counted). There really is no rhyme or reason in their counting of posts. The topics are so dumb, it makes for hilarious reading. ROTFLMAO

I am not opposed to amzweb's idea, but I still wonder how they benefit from users posting on their board? They might get some assistance in support, but I mean, think of the increase in transfer costs and the managing involved... :confused2

Hmmm.

I have about 180 posts on the forum some members have over 600 it certainly seems as though it is quite easy to get over 10

I've got an account from AMZweb too.
20mb - 1MySQL db - php - asp - perl - cgi - no ads.
Just perfect. Support is good and posting on their forums is not so hard. I mean, sometimes I'm bored so I go discuss some things on their forums. So thats ok:D

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I am not opposed to amzweb's idea, but I still wonder how they benefit from users posting on their board? They might get some assistance in support, but I mean, think of the increase in transfer costs and the managing involved... :confused2

Another benefit is that it requires a little bit of dedication from their users which often keeps the warezmasters out.

Hey webby, [NeO]. This is Arachnophobia from the AMZ hosting forums if you are wondering :D

The posts that get deleted are when lame brains try to trick the "system". I mean posting about abolutely ridiculus stuff, and "I agree" posts are not quality which is what is counted.

They make it difficult to get the first 10, to keep numbers being hosted low. If you contribute to conversasions, your posts won't be deleted.

Hey,

amzweb.net is crap, you can't even use free e-mail accounts!!!

Keep that in mind before you sign up for them
:angry2: :yawn: :crysad: :sleeping2

That was JUST implemented by them on Thursday. I dunno why.

Just use your email your isp gave you when you sign up. After you sign up, you can use your me@mysite.amzweb.net email address for support tickets, etc.

Originally posted by joachimseitz
im banned on that forum

even though i have never been on that forum

so why did they ban me???
:confused:

It sounds like you are on the same ISP as someone that
got banned. In some rare cases, we'll ban an entire ISP
if a user's actions warrent it.

You can send a note to support@amzweb.com and we
can see what can be done for you. It might be for
some one that was banned long ago that might be able
to be released now.

Originally posted by zoobie
The poor shmoe has spent tens of hours fulfilling amz's requirements...and will spend tens of hours more maintaining it. This has got to be one of the lamest hosts out there. They delete your posts as soon as you make them making it highly unlikely you'll ever reach a mere ten to get an initial site. When I'm bored, I go into their dumb forum and try to find something intelligent to comment on (not counted) or start an interesting topic (not counted). There really is no rhyme or reason in their counting of posts. The topics are so dumb, it makes for hilarious reading. ROTFLMAO
That's right! We delete YOUR posts when they are spam,
meaningless, or worthless. *HINT HINT ZOOBIE*

In other cases, we won't actually delete the posts but
you don't get the points for it if they don't meet posting
guidelines. Examples would be "me too" or "i agree"
type posts.

as a host they are very good.. lots of support and a all the features available... only their ToS is a bit strict for my liking (about 90% of my site ideas can't be fullfilled there without breaking some ToS)... but then I have to find some other use for my account....

but then again if they weren't as strict they would be spammed by warez so it's only fair I gues. 8)

Originally posted by saikosys
as a host they are very good.. lots of support and a all the features available... only their ToS is a bit strict for my liking (about 90% of my site ideas can't be fullfilled there without breaking some ToS)... but then I have to find some other use for my account....

but then again if they weren't as strict they would be spammed by warez so it's only fair I gues. 8)

Not necessarily .... talk to us! The one thing that
many people fail to do is simply talk to us!

A lot of times we are often flexible or can show you other
ways of doing things that you may not have thought of.

Originally posted by amz
Not necessarily .... talk to us! The one thing that
many people fail to do is simply talk to us!

A lot of times we are often flexible or can show you other ways of doing things that you may not have thought of.

Talked to you? You didn't even reply my PM at all. And the email responses I get are rude...

At the start, I posted here saying I am a software author and needs a free hosting. You PM me saying I can get an account without the need for posting in your forum. So, I happily did everything required. Your email response when I needed to ask some questions regarding IP WAS friendly.

Then one day, I asked about setting up a cgi script to count the number of downloads for my softwares and I started getting hell. All downloads for my zip files are stopped. Now, what is a software author without zip files or any other archive files?

Below is an excerpt for all to take note:
***** Start quote *****
AMZ:
No, it means we are getting ready to delete your entire account.

> Hi,
> I noticed that yesterday, I am not able to download any zip files
> from my site. Now, I am able to again. Does that mean that I have
> been cleared already?
>
> Regards
> Ryan

AMZ:
The issue is not so much the script as what it is for. The AMZ Web Hosting network is designed in such a way that hosting download files is impossible. ZIP files cannot be accessed on FREE accounts via the web and remote hotlinking of images is also blocked on all AMZ Web Hosting FREE accounts.
Because of this, you would almost certainly would have to violate the external connection rules in your download counting script to access your download files that would have to be located on some other hosting provider for the obvious technical reasons given above. Aside from technical reasons in the network, All of this is also listed in the AMZ Web Hosting TOS.

AMZ:
If that isn't already apparent then you must be blind if you actually read the TOS.
***** End quote *****

The ironic fact is that I had been visiting the paid site looking at suitable hostings for myself because I think your service (initially) was good. And I thought once I can afford, I will pay for my hosting under you.

Now, sorry mate, the money will not be for you. One thing I can't stand is rude customer service. And you managed to press that button nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back