• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

After Katrina its Rita

priyanka

After lashing Florida and Cuba, Hurricane Rita may hit the southern US soon. Rita belongs to Category 5 Hurricane which is the highest on the scale.
People are evacuating New Orleans,Houston,Texas. It must be a very difficult experience for them. My best wishes are with all those people who got affected with the monster Katrina and I hope Rita doesn't cause severe damage.

For more news on Rita visit http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/HurricaneRita/

Last edited:
You can bet that they're going to take this a lot more seriously and do things properly this time. Everything that should have been done and wasn't concerning Katrina will be dealt with swiftly this time around. If not...well, what does that say about our civilization? :confused4

Holy cow, I went to bed since I'm sicker than a dog, and it escalated to a category 5 from the 2(projected 4) that it was when I originally went to sleep.

I feel so bad for these people that have been affected by this horrible storm. Man...I am at a loss of words outside of that these people will be in my prayers.

Yeah she sure gathered momentum pretty quick, let's just hope she loses some before she hits land. Good luck to any in the path and surrounding areas.

Well, of course they have to take this one seriously..

In the words of George Bush on Leno..

'We can only ignore one natural disaster at a time.'

We need to keep everyone in prayer that will be effected greatly from this storm. I mean Katrina wasn't a 5 and look at all the destruction that it caused. Just imagine what Rita will leave behind once she comes and goes......

although, the destruction after Katrina wasnt the hurricane itself, it was the flooding mainly.

Yeah hopefully they will know better after they get everything re-built to make the levies stronger and bigger.

Katrina's wind speeds topped at about 140mph. Rita's right now are 175mph. It won't matter if there's any flooding, everything will be completely flattened.

More than likely not everything. As long as the building have good foundations and weren't built not to with stand it all than those will be fine.

Rita is currently Cat 4 and 150mph (CNN), so it's died down a bit..but they're still going to get the shit beat out of them..

Anyone thinking of all the Datacenters in Houston? I'd advise anyone who has a server or any site that is located down there to make continuous backups, just in case..

Regards,

Back