• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ads for a new host

Better?

• Pop-ups

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Pop-unders

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

niv

striking reality
NLC
hi, i was just wondering about ad companies that do pop-ups and/or pop-unders (Peo: This thread has nothing to do with that thread that was removed).

i need some form of advertisment running for those who get free hosting from me.

Okay, here's a quick summary ineedcgispace *stops* um... hai, hayama kun.

Pop-ups
  • Annoy visitors
  • Cost more for advertisers, less effective in most cases
  • Pay more than pop-unders

Pop-unders
  • Not as annoying
  • Cheaper for advertisers, typically more effective (eg. x10)
  • Pay less than pop-ups

I personally would go with pop-unders even though you might not make as much.

Best of luck,

Actually you will make almost as much, because there are some visitors who don't bring the popunder up to the top for awhile, giving it more time to complete loading. You'll get credited for more impressions on popunders because of the slower reaction time.

Originally posted by lastactionhero
Although I hate them both I think pop-unders are better. Best of Luck with you hosting business :)

hey...we're going to be competitors soon :(

well not really ;)

Definitely go with popunders.

You wont make as much but users will be happy and stay with you. My users perfer the popunders over normal banners as well.

I display an ad once every 2 days for a site's visitor.

everyone's saying pop-unders...but can anyone recommend a company? preferably that puts the money earned right into the bank? :D

thanks ;)

yeah since most ad companies count a op-under/up every 12 hours or so you might like to put a javascript in so it only "pop" once every time the limit is up, anyways is your host paid or free:D

Originally posted by Weapon
yeah since most ad companies count a op-under/up every 12 hours or so you might like to put a javascript in so it only "pop" once every time the limit is up, anyways is your host paid or free:D

both. now can someone answer my question? :rolleyes:

OK, heres your answer -- final and permanent :D

POP-UNDERS are the ONLY way to kepp visitors AND make money!

ok, now im done being hyper. btw--for some reason i liked the name "needcgispace" better :eek: hmm...
i goues im just used to it.

no, you didn't answer my question. my question was, what are some ad companies that do pop-unders? :p

I think this is a challenge? I bet my 2 cents on Hayama-kun and 1 cents on LAH that way I will win no matter what:D

Originally posted by Weapon
I think this is a challenge? I bet my 2 cents on Hayama-kun and 1 cents on LAH that way I will win no matter what:D

Well I will be offering 10 times the space he will offer. Now will you change your bets? ;)

Back