• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AAAhhhhh popups!!!

jw

nooooooooooooo too many, peo please email me if you want the code to load a cookie so they only get a popup every 24 hours. PLEEEAAASSSEEEE

I seem to miss these pop-ups, maybe it's the pop-ups that gang up on certain people using certain browsers in certain countries! maybe! :)

Pop-ups??

*looks around*

Where? :confused:

Oh, I get it... you must've accidentally pressed "CTRL+N" too many times... ;)

Where do you see those popups? Flycast/Engage ads? I have disabled those several months ago, so I shouldn't get any of those popups... And I don't have any other third party network ads running.

I got them too, I took a look at your page source code and it had some javacript for a pop up window, it was from FASTCLICK.COM, thats what it said.

I knew there was a reason I bookmarked the forums. :D

I decided to have a look for myself though and I did find a huge pop up and yes, it was from fastclick.

I get them during host searching and the main pages. Thank god there aren't any on the forums :p.

actually there was one day in which i got popups then they were gone, Peo may have just been trying something or i dont know, but i got respawning popups at one time, but its irrelevant now. I should just delete the thread heh.

I just got a popup on the main page:

Code:
<!-- FASTCLICK.COM POP-UNDER CODE v1.4 for freewebspace.net -->
<script language="javascript"><!--
var dc=document;var u2=escape(dc.location.href);var jj=new Date();dc.cookie='h2=o; path=/;';
var f4=jj.getSeconds();if(dc.cookie.indexOf('e=llo')<=0 && dc.cookie.indexOf('2=o')>0){
dc.write('<scr'+'ipt language="javascript" src="http://media.fastclick.net');
dc.write('/w/pop.cgi?sid=714&m=2&v=1.4&u='+u2+'&c='+f4+'"></scr'+'ipt>');dc.cookie='he=llo; path=/;';}
// -->
</script>
<!-- FASTCLICK.COM POP-UNDER CODE v1.4 for freewebspace.net -->

I'm trying out the Fastclick pop under program since Thursday last week. It only pop under once per user session and once per ad creative.

Thanks Hobbes, I've blocked that ad creative now. I don't want any mlm ads here.

Back