• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A Problem

Acez

Wen i try to import my skin on invision board, it gives me this

Cannot write to the /home/acez/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/style_images directory, please set sufficient CHMOD permissions to allow this. IBF cannot do this for you.

please help

In your FTP client you may want to CHMOD the folder /forums/cgi-bin/style_images to 777. If you don't know how to chmod just look at the help file in your FTP program and search for CHMOD to find out how to do it.

alright thanks this error also showed up

Directory creation failed, cannot import skin set. Please check the permission in 'archive_in'.

Last edited:
Chmod the archive_in folder to 777 as well. I'd recomend chmoding all of the invision board folders to 777 untill the skin is installed, and event then there's not many security leaks to be a major risk.

If Changing permissions to 0777, any users can delete files within that directory... that is a very bad idea.

Why not enable suexec so that files and directories can be made under any directories with any permissions?

Back