• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

24/7 Support - it makes me wonder

Paul

It makes me wonder if 24/7 support is true and most webhosts say they provide this service. Indeed this may be possible however it seems unlikely. When a webhost says they have 24/7 support. Does that mean that they have the service their 24/7 however you do not recieve a reply within 5 minutes?

It also makes me wonder with hosts stating that is is every day of the year. Would their be someone on a computer on christmas day waiting for a support request?

I want to here on what you people see of this!!!:confused4

Hello,

As a host we offer "24/7 Technical Support". This can be taken in many ways some people would think there is someone here 24/7 to take support, however we don’t believe this is true. When we say "24/7 Technical Support" this is done by a range of ways, FAQ, Support tickets, msn, knowledge base, tuitions etc. This means they have access to support 24/7 and if all else fails then yes they can talk to a real person but we believe doing it this way is 24/7 as support in one way or another in online 24/7.

Luke

Thanks for that Blitz-Host. Thats what I thought aswell and I think alot of other people fall into the trap thinking that their is a support operator their 24/7

I think for a lot of hosts it boils down to the common misconception of what it could be and what people first perceive it to be. "Hey, someone's sitting there around the clock to help me!"

The support options ARE there 24/7, so hey a free mark up, right? Looks good on the old site, that's for sure.

Either way, people need sleep, so I'm not one to complain. If I were a large business, that may be a different case all together though. Personally I'd tag it 'Multiple support options for you to contact us at all times', but I'm a client and wouldn't push the ballot against myself. ;)

From my perspective 24/7 tech support means that there are support staff available to answer your questions within minutes of receiving them.

I personally know that if I purchased a service that claimed to have 24/7 support and I couldn't get a reply within quarter of an hour I would be demanding a refund. However, you get what you pay for. If you are paying less than $10 per month for hosting with reasonable specs, chances are you won't get 24/7 support so be wary of hosts that claim they offer it.

Last edited:
TJR Networks said:
From my perspective 24/7 tech support means that there are support staff available to answer your questions within minutes of receiving them.

I personally know that if I purchased a service that claimed to have 24/7 support and I couldn't get a reply within quarter of an hour I would be demanding a refund. However, you get what you pay for. If you are paying less than $10 per month for hosting with reasonable specs, chances are you won't get 24/7 support so be wary of hosts that claim they offer it.

do you provide the same? would you reply to a ticket i sent within 15mins?

That is also my prosective 24/7 support to me means that their are people their to answer. Because any host with a support system can say 24/7 support

Basicly when a host says that they have 24/7 support, it normaly means they can receive the support request at any time (24/7), they may only check the support requests every hour, but email can always be taken. (hence 24/7 support). If a host does not have 24/7 support they are normaly only talking about live chat and MSN. They are the honest host :)

Well you could have scheludes and people from different timezones.. that will be almost 24/7 support.

But still, 24/7 support can be defined in many ways.

For sure I do not offer 24/7 Live Support and I dont say that I do offer 24/7 support(and that can be true because I have a FAQ section) But these small hosts offering 24/7 support do not have the money to employ people in another time zone to provide the rest of the support. We all have to sleep and we all have a life and our whole life is not dedicated in online support. And also these small host may have 5 support members however most will be their friends and they still live in the same timezone meaning that it is not 24/7 Live Support. If people truly do offer 24/7 support They should say 24/7 Live Support at these is saying that their is someone on the other end because it is live.

kwekminghong said:
Well you could have scheludes and people from different timezones.. that will be almost 24/7 support.

But still, 24/7 support can be defined in many ways.

You referring to RTG right? :)

We have staff from different time zones but we cannot say we offer 24/7 response because we as humans needs to "take a leak", get a cuppa coffee, etc etc etc :lol:

zx4host said:
For sure I do not offer 24/7 Live Support and I dont say that I do offer 24/7 support(and that can be true because I have a FAQ section) But these small hosts offering 24/7 support do not have the money to employ people in another time zone to provide the rest of the support. We all have to sleep and we all have a life and our whole life is not dedicated in online support. And also these small host may have 5 support members however most will be their friends and they still live in the same timezone meaning that it is not 24/7 Live Support. If people truly do offer 24/7 support They should say 24/7 Live Support at these is saying that their is someone on the other end because it is live.

24/7 support is not next minute / instant support. The support who usually answer tickets within 2 minutes, tends to be one line responses which are not very helpful such as "What is your domaain sir?? Regards", "We'll look at this thingy later" type of non-solving, useless, questioning answers. If I was the client, I much rather see the host taking time over the issue and solve it first time.

24/7 support means that the time-frame in which you will recieve a response will be consistent, whether it be day or night.

Well i have hosting from Servage.net, and although their site mentions 24/7 Expert Helpdesk, my support ticket is yet to receive a single reply from them even though it has been more than 24 hours.

I hate this OVERSELLING. When i signed up with them i didnt had a clue about hosting. Now that i am FWS daily i know better than before :)

24/7 Support and two minute responses are two completely different animals.

No ticket should go more than 24 hours unanswered, that's for sure, but two minutes is unrealistic. Unless you wind up with those "Please include your Domain Name" Type responses. (Which your ticket system should have already requested anyway).

However, 24/7 Support means, that 24 hours a Day, 7 Days a week. Someone, Somewhere, Somehow, should be monitoring and/or recieving notificiations of issues that need to be resolved.

The customer should have some sort of ability to REPORT the issue, whether it be "Live Chat" "Ticket System" "Phone # To Call" etc etc etc.

I'll never sign up with a host who takes their contact form down when they goto bed. ;) That's just twisted and arrogant.

Seriously though, as most have said, it does 'imply' that someone is atleast monitoring the incoming support requests whether they reply to them right away or not.

I am the main support tech for my hosting, however I have 2 other people in diffrent timezones who will cover for me when I go to bed. They may not answer the requests right away but they do what they can. What ever they cannot do get's forwarded to me to do when I wake up :D

As you might have gathered through previous posts, I choose hosts that have been tried and tested for a long time. I need support maybe once a YEAR, so what is it with people demanding 24 hour support? What is up with that? They don't know what they are doing or they bug hosts for something they can do for themselves?

Jan said:
As you might have gathered through previous posts, I choose hosts that have been tried and tested for a long time. I need support maybe once a YEAR, so what is it with people demanding 24 hour support? What is up with that? They don't know what they are doing or they bug hosts for something they can do for themselves?

Hi, you have just identified 95% of all clientele.

Back