• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

20 inches of widescreen goodness

Bruce

NLC
So the FedEx guy surprised me today... wasn't expecting this baby until tomorrow.

1,764,000 pixels and not a single dead one. :D

Viewsonic VX2025WM. 1680x1050, 8ms, 800:1 contrast ratio.

It puts my old 19" CRT to shame, as you can probably tell from the second picture.

Best $375 I've probably ever spent.

To a certain extent probably... never really looked too much into it. This particular LCD is rated for 40,000 hours.

Oh, I see. Because my OS Overview book says that they last less time than CRTs I believe. Oh well, LCD's ARE nice to a certain extent though. But sometimes they have brighter colors, and some hex values may look TOTALLY different.

Wow that's sweet bruce!
and screens aren't like batteries.. they last for ever (nearly) ..

Garfield+ said:
Wow that's sweet bruce!

My MAG 17' monitor from 1994 only lasted 9 years. Pathetic. :p I also had a 21' off lease Hitachi (or IBM, not sure) that only lasted a couple of years. I learned my lesson and went back to the 19' MAG Innovision I have today.

Very Nice! How much did it set you back? I'm thinking it time to retire my 19" LCD and go for a bigger screen.

*cough*read the post*cough*

$375 :p

Coming from a 19" CRT running 1600x1200, resolution was an important factor for me. I knew there was no way I could settle for 1280x1024. I was originally looking at getting a 4:3 20" LCD (1600x1200), but the widescreen was a bit cheaper, and I'm glad I went that route.

Widescreen gaming ftw.

I'm looking into a 20.1" monitor with these specs, but its only 299, yet it is highly rated :|
So Bruce, do most games support widescreen?

Brandon said:
I'm looking into a 20.1" monitor with these specs, but its only 299, yet it is highly rated :|
Which monitor? I have a feeling it's analog only at that price. :(
So Bruce, do most games support widescreen?
Most newer games do, and a lot of older ones can be hacked to do so.

Yeah, I was looking into the BenQ as well, but it uses a cheap 6-bit TN panel... poor colors and viewing angles.

I never saw it less than $300 anywhere though.

i love you bruce, whats your adresss?

What time do you go to bed?

Oh leave your front door unloaded, and can you wrap the monitor upo in bubble wrap, i wouldnt want it to get hurt when i come get it, ok, so does, 7:99PM sound good, ok, get it ready and ill be there soon nto pick it up, Thanks, Buy! Buy!

Garfield+ said:
Wow that's sweet bruce!
dude, where do you buy your batteries :p. We can save the planet with unlimited electricity!!

Back